• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 12 won't open

New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop Elements 12 program has worked for years and then suddenly wouldn't open

I removed the program and reinstalled it and got the same result

I used the Adobe Technical assistance Chat line and they asked me to download their copy of the Elements 12 file.  While I was downloading that large file, they timed out my chat connection,  That was Case Number ADB-1821867-J6Y3.

I extracted that downloaded file and installed it and it also will not open.

When I click on the Photoshop Elements 12 icon, I get the spiraling arrow for about 4 or 5 seconds, then nothing.

Interestingly enough, I also have Photoshop Elements 8 installed on my computer and it still works fine.  The Adobe instructions say that it is permissible to have multiple versions of Elements installed.

What can I do to get this program working again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

You can also download from here: Download Photoshop Elements 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, and 7

Are you getting any sort of error message? It did work before but doesn't work? Have you made any significant changes to your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also download from here: Download Photoshop Elements 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, and 7

Are you getting any sort of error message? It did work before but doesn't work? Have you made any significant changes to your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same issue.  I bought PS Elements late 2019 and it worked fine, then I got the notification to upgrade to 2020, PSE 12, which I did.  It loaded fine, then when I open the program, the opening page comes up, but when I click on the Photo Editor, the spinning wheels goes on for about 5 seconds and then nothing.  I have been unable to use this program for over a year.  The solution here is to Buy the 2021 version, but since the 2020 version doesn't open, I'm not about to waste any more money on Adobe.  The search site is worthless to me.  No way to contact Adobe.  I'm very frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines