Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop elements 18 installing

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello people!

I can not install Photoshop Elements 18 on a Windows 10 computer, I have tried it on different ways, in safe mode too, but the installer is frozen. A lot of people have had this problem for years and Adobe does not help us to rewrite the installer = shame on you! The software is not free thus the buyers expect a correctly working software for their money.

Maybe somebody has an idea? Greetz, Pah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Open Hidden Administrator account  and try to install.

You can enable and later disable Hidden Admin account:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-enable-and-disable-the-administrator-account-in-windows-10/

Was the installer downloaded recently ?  If no, try to install by downloading installer again:

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Download &Install forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello LinSims,

Not a single trick helped, because I think there were still bits of traces of Adobe left in the system. I reinstalled Windows 10 and then PSE 2020 installed itself neatly.

So the programmers at Adobe have to write a real PS cleaner, or rewrite the installation software, because for  more than 10,000's of people have this problem, but they paid their real dollars and euros to Adobe and no toy money.

Greetz,

Pah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are still having issues, contact Adobe customer support. I am not an Adobe employee and I have no real knowledge of installation issues associated with the Creative Cloud.

This is a public forum, not Adobe support. Users, including the ACPs and MVPs, can't provide support for account, subscription, billing, download, or product activation issues. Support for those issues requires an Adobe employee.

Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work.

This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to a CSR rather than the AI.

If the CSR refers you to the forums, insist on speaking with a supervisor and keep moving up the chain until you get someone who knows what they are talking about.

You can also search for Adobe customer support using your favorite search engine. This will normally provide you with a regionally appropriate phone number that you can use.

Be aware that because of the pandemic, wait times are far longer than usual due to reduced staff and higher demand. Please be patient with the people to whom you speak. Like you, they are feeling a great deal of stress. A little patience and understanding will go a long way to helping you in your particular situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Hidden Administrator account  and try to install.

You can enable and later disable Hidden Admin account:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-enable-and-disable-the-administrator-account-in-windows-...

Was the installer downloaded recently ?  If no, try to install by downloading installer again:

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new Windows 10 blade machine and am able to download the Creatve Cloud Photoshop installer just fine and then run in "Elevated" mode.   I then get the message to open a browser to authenticate your account.  It opens Chrome (since my default browser is Chrome), and automatically logs me in and tells me I am all set.  It says "You've succesfully signed in, Feel free to close this browser tab and return to where you previously left off".  I close the browser and go back to the Photoshop Installer and I get the "Check yoru browser - We've opened a new browser tab for you to sign in...." but nothing else.  I see the line "If your browser is not responding, sign in here" which sends me right back to the login screen in the new browser window.   I cannot get the program to actually install anything.  Please suggest a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines