• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements (bundled) fails to install with a 432 error.

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I previously had this software installed on my old Windows XP Pro machine but the PC hardware failed so I've had to buy a new PC with Windows 10 Pro. Most of the software I was previously using has reinstalled succesfully but Photoshop Elements repeatedly fails with this 432 error (uninstallshield in use, see attached screen shot). Photshop Album s/w on the same disc installs without any problems. 

I've tried limiting my Anti-virus software but it makes no difference. 

This s/w was bundled with my high-end Epson scanner and does everything I need of this sort of program so I'm reluctant to spend any money on upgrading to a newer version. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pshop Elements Error.pngInkedIMG_20210308_160818_8_1e_LI.jpg

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here: Error 432. Setup has Detected that UnInstallShield is in Use. Please Close UnInstallShield and Resta...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, this has worked eventually with a bit of further trial and error and modifying the virtual memory settings, but despite the pessimism from others, I'm pleased to report that Elements 2.0 does work on Windows 10. Thanks to all who respeonded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the benefit of others, can you specify what steps you took?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes indeed. I deleted IsUninst.exe (several times) and after several attempts managed to get Elements installed. It then repeatedly failed to run because it said there wasn't enough virtual memory. So I discovered how to adjust that in Windows 10 and it started up perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wanted to say thanks for the above reply because it  saved me  a lot of time. Photoshop Elements 2.0 did indeed install  for me on Windows 10. I had no virtual memory problems, and the program ran fine on the first try. This is how I got it to install. I copied the files from my CD to my new computer that has no DVD drive. I deleted IsUninst.exe before running the setup. I then opened Windows explorer on one side of the screen and watched for IsUninst.exe to show back up as the installer was running. It showed showed back up 2 or 3 times while the intaller continued to run. Each time, I just deleted it immediately and the program finished intalling with no problems. Maybe this little extra bit will help someone else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2.0 won't run properly on Windows 10, even if you manage to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it run in compatibility mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines