Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop install issue, won't install

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Inside _GetOSDetails. Failed to find IsWow64Process2"

This appears a myriad of times in the install log after I attempt an install.

Trying to install looks like it's going well, int initial install works, but when the creative cloud window opens and the icon appears in the system tray the window is just blank and after about a minute the window and the system tray icon just disappear, no error message or prompt of any sort.

I can't really find much on iswow64process2 other than it's basically to tell what bit verion your pc/os is.

Please help!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Windows version? If it's Windows 10, what is the build number? Let us know if you need help finding out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10 Pro

Build 15063.1387

Just a note, this is a work pc that I have admin rights to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, Windows 10 introduced IsWow64Process2 in version 1511, so you should have it. However, 1703 is very old (about 4 years). Because Windows 10 updates automatically, app developers expect you to just be up to date, different from older versions of Windows. And indeed, you don't meet the system requirements "Windows 10 (64-bit) version 1809 or later; LTSC versions are not supported".   [LTSC is a kind of Windows which is supported for a long time, and unchanged. It is designed for nuclear reactors and medical equipment, the sort of thing you would not expect to find Photoshop on. Unfortunately some companies made the mistake of deploying it to ordinary users who want to be able to run apps on it].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, ill see if I can get IT to update me

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had a case with this error message in Install.log. Also some fatal error messages:

"FATAL: System Requirements check has Failed
FATAL: Error occurred in install product workflow with error code 195 error message <SystemRequirement><FailingDescription>- Windows 10 1903 or later&lt;br&gt;</FailingDescription><LearnMoreUrl><Prod></Prod><Stage></Stage></LearnMoreUrl></SystemRequirement>"

It turns out that they're using Windows Server 2016. There're AI, Bridge & Camera Raw 2021 in that package, but only AI supports server system. The installation package doesn't recognize server system, so the error code 195 makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines