Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop installation issues on Mac

New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbrook Pro Early 2015: OS 10.15.4 Catalina

I used to have Photoshop CS6 on my laptop. I uninstalled Photoshop, and updated the MacOS to Catalina. I then tried installing Photoshop CC 2017 but I kept getting the error message, "The installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." 

I've seen a few people with this issue asking for solutions and tried a few options: uninstall Creative Cloud, amend permissions through Terminal (although I'm not that familiar with Terminal so may have been doing it wrong), clear /tmp folder, etc. But no luck. I then tried to reinstall Photoshop CS6 as a test, but that didn't work either. And Illustrator CC 2019 also came up with the same error message. 

I'm a bit stuck now. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Get-Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How and why are you installing PS 2017?

In any event the only versions of PS that work with Catalina is the most recent or one back from the most current version.

Also the only way to install any of the Current versions of all Adobe CC apps is through the Creative Cloud Desktop App (CC DTA).

So I have no idea how you got the PS 2017 instgall files but it won't work on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had PS 2017 on a different machine and was moving it across, so installing directly through the .dmg file—is that the issue then, you can no longer run the installation process by simply double clicking the .pkg install file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And also that PS 2017 won't run on Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Only PS CC 2019 and PS 2020 are supported by Adobe on Catalina
  2. Use the Adobe desktop app to install Cloud apps.
    https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines