Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help me install PSE 1.0 on new Win10 system

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Topic edited by moderator for clarity.]

I have a very old version of Photoshop Elements 1.0 that I've been using more than a decade. I've had numerous PCs over the years and have always been able to install my version on every new computer I've gotten using the original installation disk. I just got a new computer with a 64-bit Operating System and x64-based processor that came pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro. I was very excited to finally have a PC with the latest version of Windows because more browsers, apps and web pages were increasingly becoming incompatible with Windows XP and Vista. Much to my dismay, every time I try to install my good old Photoshop Elements disk, the Autorun function properly unpacks all the necessary files, but when the progress bar reaches 100%, I get a message saying the system requires Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher, and automatically quits the installation. I know the error message cannot be right because I have Internet Explorer 11 on my new PC. Could it be that my older machines were 32-bit systems and this one is 64-bit? If anyone out there knows how to manipulate the settings or system configuration of a newer computer to install an old version of Photoshop Elements, please help me. I am not proficient at all with this type of task; practically computer illiterate. But the Microsoft support tech I spoke to said because my copy of Photoshop is so old my only chance of fixing the issue will be to find a resolution somewhere within this forum. I really need someone's knowledge and expertise. Not only can I not afford a new version of Photoshop Elements, I don't want to deviate from the format I've used all these years. It's simple, and perfectly suits my purposes. As a hobby, it's all I do in my spare time. Not as a photograher, but as a way to play with color and composition and create collages of abstract patterns that are mouse-drawn, airbrushed, run through multiple distortion filters, and touched with finishing effects.  I have no use for any of the modern functions advertised in the latest versions.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need older equipment and operating system to support outdated software.  PSE 1.0 was designed to run on Microsoft® Windows® 98, NT 4.0, 2000, ME or XP.  It's highly unlikely you'll find a suitable machine for it in 2020.  Sorry.

PSE 2020 is compatible with newer computers and Win 10 operating system.   PSE 1.0 is not.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines