Highlighted

Please stop censoring my legitimate question and point. This is NOT SPAM!

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Windows 7 is supported, Windows 8, and 8.1 is not suported by Creative Cloud. Is the curent version of Windows 10 supported?

Firstly, having gone through and deleted a lot of bloat in Temp and other places after unsntall, how can I delete any empty Adobe registry entries from Windows?

Which versions of Windows 10 are not supported??

Personally, I have avoided Windows 10 becasue of on-going issues with W10 OS. Is Adobe trying to get its customer base to upgrade to W10?

Question: the installer did NOT perform a system requirement test prior to installating itself - sadly using up some of my data allowance for needless downloading.

To my knowlesdge only Malware installs itself without proper notification. What use is installing Creative Cloud on Windows 8.1 if 8.1 is not supported? It should alert to incompatibility prior to full installation, should it not??

And that's a genuine question.

Instead of Audition = Audacity

Instead of Illustratior = Inkscape, Affinity Designer

Instead of Photoshop = ...

Instead of Dreamweaver = ...

Instead of After Effects = ...

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Please stop censoring my legitimate question and point. This is NOT SPAM!

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Windows 7 is supported, Windows 8, and 8.1 is not suported by Creative Cloud. Is the curent version of Windows 10 supported?

Firstly, having gone through and deleted a lot of bloat in Temp and other places after unsntall, how can I delete any empty Adobe registry entries from Windows?

Personally, I have avoided Windows 10 becasue of on-going issues with W10 OS. Is Adobe trying to get its customer base to upgrade to W10?

Question: the installer did NOT perform a system requirement test prior to installating itself - sadly using up some of my data allowance for needless downloading.

To my knowlesdge only Malware installs itself without proper notification. What use is installing Creative Cloud on Windows 8.1 if 8.1 is not supported? It should alert to incompatibility prior to full installation, should it not??

And that's a genuine question.

Instead of Audition = Audacity

Instead of Illustratior = Inkscape, Affinity Designer

Instead of Photoshop = ...

Instead of Dreamweaver = ...

Instead of After Effects = ...

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the curent version of Windows 10 supported?

Yes.

Windows 10 Builds before 1809 aren't supported.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 1
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not trying to update its customer base to MS Windows 10.

Microsoft is.

MS Windows7 was phased out in January 2020 as it reached its end of support cycle, which was announced by Micrososft with almost 2 years in advance.

The move to Win 10 is part of a Microsoft security mitigation and migration strategy to encourage  all Windows user to standardize to a 64bit computing world.

Ms Windows 10 is also known for consistently changing default settings and preferences with every windows update, specially interfering with some of Adobe Acrobat Pro user preferences.

If you believe that the Acrobat setup program should perform a version check of the supported OS , that is a great idea and you can actually use the Acrobat User Voice or the  feature request / report a bug wishform.

Last, to remove all of the old  traces of Acrobat software Adobe recommends using the Acrobat Cleaner amd Repair Tool.

And you're right. You don't need Creative Cloud if you don't use other Adobe software that collaborates with in a workflow with Adobe Acrobat.

You can download and  install Acrobat by signing in with your AdobeID  at

https://account.adobe.com/plans

You can download from there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 1
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're not on Win10 with latest updates, what exactly are you waiting for?   MS made Win10 freely available to ALL Windows users until 2016.  But I think you can still get it free now that Win7 is officially dead.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-download-windows-10-for-free-now-that-windows-7-is-dead/

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 2
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use.  Check each one.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

After Effects alternatives:  look at Blender, Nuke and HitFilm Pro.

Dreamweaver is a glorified code editor and excellent website management tool.  However, I have not found an app that comes close to it. 

• VS Code and Brackets are free code editors with decent support from 3rd party extensions. 
  • WordPress is a server-side platform & CMS for building site pages from your browser.
  • Pinegrow is a stand alone visual editor (not free).
  • And Wappler is a stand alone, visual editor for building dynamic site (not free).

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 2