Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Portfolio duplicate site

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
I would like to duplicate my default site and continue to edit it as a new site (create a second site in the portfolio based on my existing site.).

For example, I have some clients who I don't want to show the full version of the site. I would like to select just some projects and show them and I would like to use a design based on my existing site.

It would be better not to do this from scratch each time.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

You can duplicate pages or collections (formerly called galleries) within the same Portfolio site. But there is no feature for duplicating a site except to create a new site with the same Theme you used before. 

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035498634-Duplicating-pages

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036472833-Duplicating-Galleries

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, unfortunately non of these links answer for my question. That's why I look for a community forum, I don't need guides for using portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create up to 5 sites in Portfolio with different URLs.

1. Create a new gallery site.

2. Go to Pages and toggle on/off desired project pages.  See screenshot.

3. Publish site & make a note of the new URL.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this is not what I asked.

"I would like to use a design based on my existing site.

It would be better not to do this from scratch each time.

Is it possible?"

I would like to copy all design as is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can duplicate pages or collections (formerly called galleries) within the same Portfolio site. But there is no feature for duplicating a site except to create a new site with the same Theme you used before. 

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035498634-Duplicating-pages

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036472833-Duplicating-Galleries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minime...

Not sure if this is what you're looking to do... but just in case.

I am currently looking for a job. Some places I'm applying to have brands that are playful and energetic, others (like financial companies and pharma) are more tried and true. I want to duplicate my portfolio site and get a second or third link to share, so I can deprioritize (or even remove) galleries that aren't super relevant to certain companies. In other words, have a link to one portfolio for the fun agency positions, another link to a more conservative portfolio for others. That's exactly what you would do if you were bringing a portfolio to an interview IRL. 

If this is what you're looking to do, see how below. If you're asking how to do a completely different looking portfolio site and transfer all the content over, that I don't know how to do that and from what I'm reading it sounds like it's not possible – and stop reading now. 😃

For the former... duplicate your full collection (it will create an exact replica of all the galleries in your original portfolio), name the new collection and customize it by deleting or re-ordering items, then just add to the URL in each collection. I made one WORK (conservative) and one CREATIVE (fun). So to the creative agencies will get me.myportfolio.com/creative as the url. Others will get me.myportfolio.com/work with different galleries inside. Served my purpose for sure. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds great but I think I'm missing something.

I have my separate collections however from a UX navigation perspective, if I give employers the "me.myportfolio.com/work" sure the landing page shows projects I want – but when they click into said project and then navigate out, it auto-reverts out to the "home" which is "me.myportfolio.com/creative".

I want a nested collection with it's own navigation (ie. a separate site but Adobe is dragging that out) so trying to circumnavigate until then. Your suggestion seems like you have it solved so would great appreciate your advice if possible 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Newelle 

You've posted to an old discussion from 7 months ago.  Most people have gone.

You can have up to 5 portfolio sites at one time.

Suggest you create a Welcome page for prospective employers to see.  Welcome pages are designed to let you create single-page websites. These pages also hide your navigation. 

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035998273-Page-types-explained

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,
I'd like to reply to your answer on why duplicating a portfolio is an edge-case while using the second and third site (and so on) for special events is a popular thing.
I don't have access to the number you apparently have but I've browsed a lot of portfolios looking for inspiration and browsed even more portfolios as hiring manager. I have never seen people using "special event pages". That sounds like online retail wich I believe is not the core target audience of Adobe Portfolio. 
Anysway,  I am surprised such feature needs users request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't make the software & don't work for Adobe.  But I'm fairly sure Adobe knows who their target audience is.  I merely answer questions about how the software works based on my experiences with it.  Feel free to submit feature requests below where the developers will see them. 

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do that same thing on adobe portfolio. Did you ever find a way to duplicate the site? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mimosaFF3D81,

Like I said above last year, you cannot duplicate a Portfolio site.   Feel free to submit feature requests to the Portfolio Team.  Or use a commercial online web site builder like Squarespace or Wix.  Maybe they let you duplicate a site  -- don't know, never used either one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came here looking for the same feature.  I agree it seems like a no-brainer that you should be able to start a new site by duplicating an existing one.  It's very annoying not to be able to reuse assets across sites.  But, it seems that when you make a new site, it's auto-populated with the content from your first site, so maybe that's the hack: put every possible page you'd ever want in the first site, then, to make a variation, create a new site and turn off all the stuff you don't want to see in that version.  Not a perfect solution, but maybe better than nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @meta-lingo,

Yes, that is exactly what I suggested almost a year ago on May 18, 2020.  Thank for repeating it 🙂

Feel free to submit your feature requests to the Portfolio Uservoice below where PF developers will see them.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines