• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder 2020 do not start on Catalina

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Catalina and just installed the new versions of Premiere and After Effects.

They do not start at all, they begin to load and then stop loading.

The older versions are working correctly, while Photoshop 2020 and Illustrator 2020 are working.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Thanks for trying these things. Could we also rule out any third-party plug-ins. Could you navigate to this directory
MacHD > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Common > Plug-ins > 7.0 > MediaCore

and remove everything except dummy.text and the folder named"Public". Please move anything other than these two items out of the directory and to the desktop.

If you're able to launch with these removed then you'll want to slowly add the plug-ins back and try launching again to determine which plu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Can you provide more details around the issue such as:

• What operating system are you using? (Catalina 10.15, Mojave 10.14, Win 10, etc.)
  • Does the slash screen appear?
  • What model of computer is the issue occurring on? (2017 iMac, MS Surface Pro 4,etc.)
  • Do the 2019 products launch on the system?
  • What troubleshooting have you tried already? (I know some have provided this already)

For initial troubleshooting I'd suggest trying these:

• Recreate the preferences for the application

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) when launching the Adobe product.
You should be prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you launch.

Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

• Create a new user account with admin rights, attempt launching the products in from the newly created user account

Win - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...
Mac - http://osxdaily.com/2017/07/17/how-create-new-admin-account-mac/

I'd start there. Please get back with more info.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David -

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

Processor 4.2 Ghz Intel Core i7

Memory 64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphocs Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

I installed but cannot open Premier Pro 2020, AE 2020, CA 2020, Encoder 2020 and Audition 2020.  They all open the splash screen and start to load items then stop running.  All the version from 2019 still work.

I tried many different approaches including uninstalled all of them, clearing the OOBE folder, reinstalling just one of them, rebooting between many of the steps above.

I also tried your two seggestions above and they did not resolve the problem.

Thanks - bj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info bj, I'll do some checking and see what other ideas I can suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bj,

Can you try this too

• Close any open Adobe apps
  • Rename the Adobe folder in Mac HD > Users > (your user folder) > Documents > Adobe to Adobe_old
  • Rename the Adobe folder in Mac HD > User > Library > (your user folder) Application Support > Adobe to Adobe_old

Note: The user library folder is hidden by default but you can access from the Go menu in Finder by holding down alt/option which will make it appear.

• Relaunch the products and these two folders should get recreated and see if that makes any difference.

Please let me know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it and it did not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for testing, just to confirm, a new Adobe folder in both of those locations got created when you launched yeah?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes both renamed to old and both reappeared when I launched PP 2020 (splash screen and then gone!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am told that trashing preferences can fix this issue. 
Info on how to do that here.

Let us know if that works.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried trashing preferences and it did NOT work.  Remember is is more the PP, it is also AE, AU, EN and CA.  PS 2020 works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, cool. Thanks for your assistance on this one. I'm also sorry for the frustration. Did you try everything on this article I wrote? https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-Basic-Troubleshooting-amp-Maintenance-for-Premiere-P...

I know you renamed the Docs folder, but check my steps on resetting R/W permissions on all your Adobe folders, Media Drives, etc. See if that might work. Ever since OS X 10.9, resetting R/W permissions has been an issue for some users. Usually, it IS the docs folder or something like that, but I am one who likes to do a deep reset of every folder Adobe touches, including Media Cache folders and stuff like that. Because I do that, I rarely have issues like this. Every update for me has been smooth. Check it out and report back. 

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the tips you suggested but without success.

Once in a while after effects and premiere give the screen "after effects quit unexpectedly"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying these things. Could we also rule out any third-party plug-ins. Could you navigate to this directory
MacHD > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Common > Plug-ins > 7.0 > MediaCore

and remove everything except dummy.text and the folder named"Public". Please move anything other than these two items out of the directory and to the desktop.

If you're able to launch with these removed then you'll want to slowly add the plug-ins back and try launching again to determine which plug-in(s) are causing the issue. The dummy.text and Public folder mentioned are the only things in this directory from Adobe. If you find particular plug-ins not working, which you use regularly and purchased, you'll want to reach out to the plug-in manufacturer to see if they have an updated version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning David!

As of this morning Bridge is not working with the old 2019 apps between AE and CA 2019.  I'm guessing one of the fixes we tried messed it up.

BUT.....

Ok so now we are getting somewhere!  Pemiere Pro, Character Animator, After Effects, Audtion and Encoder 2020 all work!

Here's the files I moved.  Any idea as to who is the bad guy?

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 10.04.42 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks BJ,

Great to hear you're making progress, I'm not sure which it would be specifically, so it would be a process of elimination. I'd suggest slowly moving them back into the directory in small groups to see if you can find the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also removed these plugins and now all the apps are working.

However a fix is needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Adobe for helping me work through this.   Your suggestions and the fine work of Yashraj Kapoor on your India support team. Not only got me back up running but did so in a really professional manner.

Two Adobe folks worked it here online and India called me.  While talking to India I got a call from San Jose that I did not take but I'm betting it was Adobe Support there also.

It appers it was an old plug-in that caused the problems.  I restored most of them and left about 5 out to pasture that I don't need anymore anyway.  It's one of then but I don't care to debug it!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the updates. You may need to reach out to the specific plug-in manufacturer(s) if you find specific ones are no longer compatible that you've purchased and use regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS Catalina

iMac late 2012 - 2.7Ghz i5

I'm working on a project in Premiere 2020 and it crashes everytime i try to use Lumetri scopes.

Premiere version 2019 is still usable but the version 2020 is unstable. Crashes a lot. 

And i found that Lightroom and Photoshop don't work if i don't have internet connection. I'm not happy with 2020 versions... sorry Adobe... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my after effect 2020 does not work always says standard 3d module is missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using all CC2019 versions again. I think it's the best way for now... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you David__BYou save my life ...

Erns R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David_B! That totally worked for me. I've been working on a job in illustrator for a few days now and this afternoon illustrator stopped opening up. I took out the AEXD.plugin from the public folder and up we go. Teile AEXD is back in there too, which is stange, all on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I tried to do the same – but in my MediaCore Folder was only the dummy.text file – nothing else – even when I made deinstalling and installing it completly new via CreativeCloud??!? !
MAybe it is a problem with my Radeon5500 ? PSd / Illustrator are running. Only Encoder and After Effects hanging up, when starting the programms...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines