• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere elements was working and suddenly it wants to be activated again

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a licence for Premiere Elements in february 2020 and installed it on my Dell desktop and Microsoft Surface Pro. 

I do not use the program very often but it worked fine on both computers.

I last used the program a month ago on my Dell desktop.

Yesterday I wanted to use it again and now I get the message the serial number is in use by the maximum number of computers. You need to deactivate another computer.  What has happened?  I double checked the serial number I entered.  Please help me to solve this. The Dell computer runs updates and yesterday the most recent update to my PC updated the BIOS. Has this got anything to do with it.  Even if it has, I want an answer to solve the problem.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, updating the bios may have cause adobe to recognize your dell computer (prior to the update) as one computer and after the updating as a different computer.

if you purchased from or registered with adobe you can deactivate your "old" computers using your account,  https://account.adobe.com

otherwise, you'll need to contact adobe support and request "an activation count reset".  using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1616160841001.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply but I cannot find an icon to chat. The contact HTML link you gave just gets me going round in circles even though I am signed in in my Adobe account.  I am in the Netherlands but have tried for about 30 minutes yesterday and today but cannot find any link / icon to email or chat on the problem. Any other ideas how to get in contact?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's at the bottom right and can be quite a distance from the page center.  you can also try a different browser.  also, in addition to the above, make sure your browser doesn't have script blocking enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I was using Chrome. I installed Firefox and then found the chat icon. Adobe has helped me and the program is reinstalled and working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines