Previous versions of apps no longer appearing anywhere in CC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two weeks ago I was able to roll-back Premiere to 15.0, but today after reinstalling CC on a newly formatted hard drive, there's no option for other versions when I click the 3 dots next to the application. It's not exlcusive to Premiere, either. The option is missing for every single app in CC.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021
So I managed to solve the problem by myself, in the most ridiculous and convoluted way possible, that absolutely should never have worked (after spending another hour or two on chat support today, to no avail). I went to my laptop computer that has CC and my Adobe apps installed, but that hasn't been switched on or updated since last year. I then went into: Program Files>Adobe Program Files>Common Files>Adobe Program Files x86>Adobe Program Files x86>Common Files>AdobeProgram Data>AdobeAppdata>L...

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you signed in with an active subscription? These options are known not to be available for trials...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure am. Paid subscription for the entire CC suite.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @User91056456,

Check the Preference option to Show Older Apps in CC Desktop App. See screenshot.

Preferences in CC Desktop AppPreferences in CC Desktop App

Keep in mind that pre-2020 versions are removed from CC desktop app.  Only the latest + one previous versions are available.  The exception is if you had previously installed an older version on your system and never removed it.

Direct Downloads to older versions can be obtained from links on ProDesign Tools' website.  However Adobe may remove these installers anytime without notice.  And legacy CC apps may not work with modern operating systems.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Nancy. Unfortunately the option to show older apps isn't even showing as an option under preferences. It's completely missing from CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...the option to show older apps isn't showing...  It's completely missing from CC.

===========

@User91056456,

Which operating system do you have?

1. Older apps are not available to trial members.  You must be logged-in to a PAID plan.

2. Older apps will not work on the latest Catalina & Big Sur operating systems.

3. Teams/Enterprise plan members must contact your IT dept and request a special package.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I've been a paid member for years, on the entire suite, and am an individual user. I'm running Windows 10, and have never had an issue prior to this week.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Nancy,

After another complete format, the issue persists.

No options whatsoever for any version of ANY of the CC apps, besides the latest build. Previous versions are completely gone, and there's no button in settings to show other versions like there used to be. I'm also not trying to use legacy versions, but simply Premiere 15.0 rather than 15.2. I'm completely baffled.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't suppose a link exists somewhere to download a previous version of the CC desktop app, like 5.4.5.550? It seems CC was updated a week ago, and this issue didn't exist last month when I was on the last version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I managed to solve the problem by myself, in the most ridiculous and convoluted way possible, that absolutely should never have worked (after spending another hour or two on chat support today, to no avail).

I went to my laptop computer that has CC and my Adobe apps installed, but that hasn't been switched on or updated since last year. I then went into:

Program Files>Adobe

Program Files>Common Files>Adobe

Program Files x86>Adobe

Program Files x86>Common Files>Adobe

Program Data>Adobe

Appdata>Local>Adobe

Appdata>Roaming>Adobe

and literally copied the same folders from my laptop, on to my desktop PC, went into the Creative Cloud folder in Program Files x86, double clicked Creative Cloud.exe, had an error pop up that said Creative Cloud was not installed and that it would need to be reinstalled. Creative Cloud was then automatically downloaded with a simple grey 0 to 100% GUI with the Adobe logo, akin to offline or older installers, as opposed to the new bright and flashy Creative Cloud installer window that comes with the latest package, and lo and behold, CC opened up, I was signed in, and every single option for every previous version under the sun was made available for all of my apps.

I have no idea why this was the only solution that worked, after spending hours with Adobe support, and it's definitely concerning that anyone would need to go to these lengths to get their CC suite to work as intended, but it worked all the same. I'd be up poo creak without a paddle though, had I not had my old laptop with a rather outdated version of CC on it. Seems to me like there's definitely something going on with the latest build of CC and potentially the hardware in my PC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines