On my windows 10 PC, I was using CS InDesign and Photoshop 5. One day, I couldn't get in--kept getting asked for the license even after I entered the serial. So I uninstalled.
Now I'm trying to reinstall cs3 (which is my full version) so I can then install the upgrade version of CS5. But every time I try to install, I get "*these components* (all but adobe acrobat 8) were not installed."
1. I have the serial for CS3 that does NOT require authorization. But I never get far enough to enter that.
2. The software doesn't allow me to choose where to install it.
I only use this occasionally so it's not cost effective for me to upgrade to the cloud. So,
A. Is there a way to make this work?
B. If not, is there a software version of CS I can buy that's not the cloud?
I have tried help from Adobe--they just tell me support for the software has ended and won't explain anything (I had been using CS5 on my Windows 10 for several years).
Adobe Community Professional, Dec 02, 2020Dec 02, 2020
John Waller • Adobe Community Professional, Dec 02, 2020Dec 02, 2020
>>>Now I'm trying to reinstall cs3 (which is my full version) so I can then install the upgrade version of CS5. No need to do that. All installers (full versions and upgrades) are the same and include the full software code. The only difference between a full version and an upgrade is the serial number. So install CS5 (upgrade) and enter your CS5 upgrade serial number. Then enter your CS3 serial number when prompted to enter a number from a previous, qualifying version.
1. Creative Suite is no longer sold, it's just the old version of what is renamed Creative Cloud
2. Creative Cloud is NOT cloud software (yes, an unhelpful marketing name), it installs local apps juts like before.
3. After 5 years, old software passes out of support, and Adobe will no longer help at all. They consider it a requirement that people DO upgrade, or else the money originally paid has run out its entitement to support.
4. Creative Cloud is subscription only, as you probably know.
The only CS version that is not cloud based is CS6. I am not sure if it is available anywhere anymore but you could google and see if available BUT be sure it is not a copy or a pirated copy. Try ProDesignTools.com and see if they have a link that is secure.