Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem linking Domain purchased in Wix to Adobe Portfolio

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I am new here. I would like to get your advice on how to link my Domain I purchased from Wix.com and link it to my Adobe Portfolio. I followed the step-by-step process on how to manually connect the custom domain of entering four (4) A records but Wix would allow only two (2). Please see screenshots attached.

Is two (2) A's sufficient enough to properly link the domain? I read somewhere that other host allow for only two. One for A, and one for CNAME. I haven't click the "Apply". button in Adobe Portfolio as I'm worried that I might break the link somehow. Please help....

This early I would like to thank you guys in advance.

Adobe procedure.pngCant make 4As in Wix.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Moved from the Lounge to Download & Install where all the Portfolio questions are landing lately.

Honestly, Wix is a DIY website builder, not a domain name registrar like Network Solutions or Domain.com.  In all likelihood, you will need to transfer your current domain name from Wix to a full service provider that gives you all the options you need. 

Or you could buy a new domain from Namecheap.com for use with Portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Portfolio help is here:  http://help.myportfolio.com/

The Community Help forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named Community Help forum, which is for getting help using this forum system.

Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from the Lounge to Download & Install where all the Portfolio questions are landing lately.

Honestly, Wix is a DIY website builder, not a domain name registrar like Network Solutions or Domain.com.  In all likelihood, you will need to transfer your current domain name from Wix to a full service provider that gives you all the options you need. 

Or you could buy a new domain from Namecheap.com for use with Portfolio.

Post back if you still have questions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate it Nancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's simple.
Just delete CNAME and add all the values in HOST, and here you go.
I have tasted this with my domain https://iamnrj.com.

Thanks,
NRJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines