problem with uninstalling my old CS6 creative suit (after Mac OS upgrade)

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello support community

I'm kinda clueless with computers so I need... eh... support! 

I had the CS6 master collection installed on my Macbook Pro (mid 2012), I was running it on Mac OS Yosemite. It was time to upgrade the OS. I knew the Adobe CS6 was not compatible with OS Catalina, so I planned to get the Creative Cloud... but I did not uninstall the CS6 master collection before upgrading the OS. So now it's kinda stuck on my Mac, and I can't access the Uninstall features for my old CS6 collection and my new Creative Cloud won't install either.  

I've tried using the Uninstall features on CleanMyMac X, it seemed to work, but all the old Adobe apps and files are still on the Mac. 

Any help would be super helpful!

Marion

TOPICS
Installation, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mazzar AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John for this suggestion. I tried, but failed. 

I ended up contacting Adobe who guided me through this. They basically accessed my computer remotely... removed all the old CS6 files, and did a clean install of the Creative Cloud. So... problem solved. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines