Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems again and again with "Not yet installed"

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I am slowly growing extremely unnerved about something that keeps on coming up all the f*&/ time.   I am a scubscriber to Adobe CC Photography Plan.   Again and again, when the CC-App restarts it tells me that Photoshop and Lightroom have not yet been installed.    But they are.   When I re-install them, it tells me that I´m in a test-phase.   I have gone through the process of de- and re-installing the whole and complete CC with every bit and piece but it always keeps on coming up.

I am then supposed to re-register my product.  

After that PS&LR work again but all my previous settings are gone.   I have to completely redo my workspaces again.   Also, the last time this happened (today), suddenly all lens profiles for the auto-lens distortion fix have vanished into nothingness.

I have also done the following things offered by the generic Adobe "support":  

1.   ran Hosts-file fixer (Result:   "0 Hosts filed repeaired")

2.   manually fixed Hosts-file folder by deleting everything referring to adobe in it, then replacing the original one with that new one

3.   gone through the procedure of checking the permissions for administrator & users.   They were already in the state that they should be in.

I wonder if this is something that has been occurring to other users and what you did to fix it.   Since it is utterly impossible to reach anyone anywhere in any way connected to an actual "Support", I am slowly but surely moving towards cancelling my subscription.   I have to be able to work on my stuff without constantly fearing that there will be an interruption or that I have to continually start from the beginning agan.   That´s really totally unacceptable and I don´t get it that this happens to such a large player like adobe.

Sooo.. . .

if anyone has a way to offer me assistance since Adobe cannot, I would be really greatful.

in any way,

have a good day.

Heiko

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Ok thank you for the update Heiko.  What other utilities do you utilize Heiko?  Are they any system optimization utilities that may also be affecting the licensing of the installed Adobe applications?

Heiko I would recommend contacting our support team at Contact Customer Care so direct assistance can be provided.  You are welcome to reference this public forum discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Heiko

I have the same problem with my cloud and Animate. Today i tried to re-install animate three times and when its done it says i havent installed this programm yet and i also getting these test-phase. I am getting frustrated. Also couldnt find any solutions for this problem. I have to repair my cloud every second day. I hope someone can help us.

~ Rose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Creative Cloud forum.

Heiko and Rose what operating system are you both utilizing your Creative Cloud membership on?  Is the computer managed by an organization or are you an individual user and administrator of the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff A Wright!

I own a laptop with the operating system Windows 8. I am an individual user and administrator of the laptop.

~ Rose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Rose.  Please review the install log for the Animate installation to determine why it is failing to install.  Information on how to locate the install log can be found at Creative Cloud download and install errors​.  You are welcome to post any specific errors you discover Rose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff A. Wright,

thanks for the feedback - I was offline a couple of days.

To your questions:

01.  I am operating on Windows 10 as an individual user and also the administrator.

Yesterday I was using Photoshop again and it worked, also in cominbation with bridge.   This morning, after restarting my laptop, I started bridge.   First it said again that some extensions were missing and if I want to install these.   I clicked "yes".  After that, trying to open a picture from bridge into Photoshop, the application didn´t start.   After trying to open a picture from bridge into camera raw, I got the message (in german, I hope I translate it correctly):   "A higher level application of bridge is not active.   The product has to be started at least once to activate this function."

Then when I open the Creative Cloud App, it shows me again that Photoshop and Bridge (as well as Ligthroom), are listed as not installed.

sincerely yours,

Heiko Knoll

P.S.:  . . . and so I clicked on "install" once again and what do you know -- it got me back to the "test" - status again. (see screenshot)

screenshot cc.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

UPDATE:  

I know did the following:  using Revo Uninstaller I completely deinstalled all adobe products on my computer (so also including Reader, flash player, etc.).  I then used a search software to search for all and any other files/folder with the string "adobe" contained in them.   I deleted all these files, even though my system warned me that some of these are System files.  I then reinstalled the adobe client and the software and apparently now it´s working again.

Now my qestion:  There are some products which will also be gone - for example the extension manager and extended toolkit.   Do I really need these?  

Also, there were things like "Adobe AIR" and other things.  

Can I leave that be for the moment and wait until the system asks me to install them?

well, thank you anyway for the help and sorry for the storm of mails I sent.

sincerely yours,

Heiko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heiko what prompted you to utilize the Revo uninstaller?  You can find details regarding the uninstall process at Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I had done the deinstallation with the client several times before:   After re-installing, first the little button on the button said "up to date" only to switch, after about 20 seconds, to "Test Version". . .

I had done this several times without success so I guessed something was really screwed up.   That´s why I chose to just completely x everything out of my computer and completely reinstall every installer and software once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you for the update Heiko.  What other utilities do you utilize Heiko?  Are they any system optimization utilities that may also be affecting the licensing of the installed Adobe applications?

Heiko I would recommend contacting our support team at Contact Customer Care so direct assistance can be provided.  You are welcome to reference this public forum discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well, I am using the following utility programs:

1.  Kaspersky Internet

2.  Tune-Up Utilities

. . .but basically I´ve been using these for several years now with no problems.

For the moment I´ll just wait and see how the new installation "behaves", otherwise I´ll follow your advice and contact customer care.

thanks and have a good day!

Heiko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines