• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems installing Adobe Photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm trying to download and install Adobe Photoshop CS6 onto my MacBook Pro running on High Sierra v 10.13.2 but I get an error message about a missing file. It says download Adobe Support Advisor but that doesn't work. Can you help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Yes, but they didn’t help

Hmm. They have worked for others.

https://blog.conradchavez.com/2017/09/25/macos-10-13-high-sierra-will-adobe-software-work/

Can you confirm that you have tried the following steps

1. Right-click (or Control-click) the CS6 installer and choose Show Package Contents.
  2. In the Install window that opens in the Finder, go to the Contents/MacOS folder, and in there, double-click Install. That will open the Terminal application, some lines of code will automatically run, and the actua

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes, but they didn’t help. I couldn’t make sense of the troube shooting links (those files it referred to weren’t in my Library).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple did not maintain backward compatibility when they issued High Sierra

If the special steps that John Waller posted did not work, I don't think you will be able to use that old program on your new operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but they didn’t help

Hmm. They have worked for others.

https://blog.conradchavez.com/2017/09/25/macos-10-13-high-sierra-will-adobe-software-work/

Can you confirm that you have tried the following steps

1. Right-click (or Control-click) the CS6 installer and choose Show Package Contents.
  2. In the Install window that opens in the Finder, go to the Contents/MacOS folder, and in there, double-click Install. That will open the Terminal application, some lines of code will automatically run, and the actual Installer should successfully launch.

That should get the installer initialized (or running).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi – thanks. I got it. Was clicking on the troubleshooting link and that didn’t help, but the one below that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried

1. Right-click (or Control-click) the installer and choose Show Package Contents.
  2. In the Install window that opens in the Finder, go to the Contents/MacOS folder, and in there, double-click Install. That will open the Terminal application, some lines of code will automatically run, and the actual Installer should successfully launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines