• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Exporting Font (Bahnschrift)

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've been digging around and couldn't seem to find any posts of this pertaining to Mac users, only Windows, so here goes. I've been trying to export PDFs from Illustrator and InDesign using the Bahnschrift font family, but the cross-tie of the capital letter 'A' keeps appearing all wonky when exported. You can see part of the tie, and then the parts that overlap with the rest of the letter disappear. I've tried fixing the font using a software called 'Typelight' but that didn't make it much better. I've attached two PDF samples, one before trying to fix it, one after. I've used different fonts within the font family and you can see how the fix has changed it slightly in all of the A's on the PDFs.

Any help would be really appreciated. 🙂 

Thanks,

Ryan 

This is how it appears in IDDThis is how it appears in IDDThis is how it appears exported as a PDF in my previewThis is how it appears exported as a PDF in my previewSort of fixed, but not reallySort of fixed, but not really

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the exact same problem, couldn't find anything. Did you managed to fix it somehow later?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create outlines and export! It's not a behind the scenes typeface fix, but it gets the job done in fixing the wonky looking letters. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines