• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

products [Cloud subscription is too expensive]

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has certainly made it really difficult if not impossible for most to obtain and enjoy the adobe products as we have done before for decades. Now there are a countless number of folks who wish to have adobe to enjoy but it seems to have become more exculsive. I certainly can not afford to pay $600 a year for adobe products. I can not even pay half or less than that even. I guess that puts me in a category of those who can no longer be part of the Adobe community. This is unreal. Now I am resorting to finding many alternatives to the products. This is really unfortunate that they did not even think of how they can even try to make it accessible for some of us who are really unfortunate when it comes to accessing these products. Too bad. After many years, no decades, Good bye Adobe. How sad. 

[Title edited for question clarity and future forum search... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

balmesfer, Hello.
I don't know if you can see this, but it can be said that the subscription has expanded.
This is because the initial cost associated with the introduction of adobe has been reduced,

and future version upgrades can be done free of charge during the subscription contract.
It may be more realistic than the previous transition from a single product to a Suite product.
From $ 600 per year, I think I used All Apps.
Isn't it a feature of CC to be able to review the price if you review the a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

With reductions on upgrades, the pricing may be comparable, though the initial investment was much higher. So valued customers, who upgrade, pay much the same with less startup fee. I find it very entertaining that people who stuck on CS3 or whatever - perhaps 15 years ago - and find it stops working, and that Adobe won't fix it for free, threaten to take their valuable business elsewhere. There goes another loyal customer who last paid for something 15 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

balmesfer, Hello.
I don't know if you can see this, but it can be said that the subscription has expanded.
This is because the initial cost associated with the introduction of adobe has been reduced,

and future version upgrades can be done free of charge during the subscription contract.
It may be more realistic than the previous transition from a single product to a Suite product.
From $ 600 per year, I think I used All Apps.
Isn't it a feature of CC to be able to review the price if you review the app you use? For example,

if you only use Ps, Photography Plan is available, and other apps are also offered at

a lower price with Single App.
It's sad to leave the community after using Adobe for many years.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think people have forgotten just how expensive the products were before subscription. Photoshop CS6 alone was $700, that's six year's subscription. Yet you are expected to upgrade every two years. Subscriptions are much cheaper, a real bargain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the Upgrade for PS was only 199 or so. Not the initial Full version price of 700+/-

IIRC the Full suite was in the 1500 range and upgrades for that, which you had to do the Suite upgrade you couldn't upgrade select programs, was somewhere in the 5-6 hundred range.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Full suite was in the 1500 range

When I bought Master Collection CS5 in 2010 the full price was $2,599 - I was working at a University, so paid $655 for the Education version... all the same programs, but had to prove education status to qualify to buy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With reductions on upgrades, the pricing may be comparable, though the initial investment was much higher. So valued customers, who upgrade, pay much the same with less startup fee. I find it very entertaining that people who stuck on CS3 or whatever - perhaps 15 years ago - and find it stops working, and that Adobe won't fix it for free, threaten to take their valuable business elsewhere. There goes another loyal customer who last paid for something 15 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your kind critique and understanding of my circumstances. I certainly appreciate folks who simply throw judgment out. I was merely expressing frustration because I am poor, and I need to use Adobe products. I think Adobe has some great products. I am sorry for not being part of the class-stratified society that some belong it. Perhaps through your message, the conclusion would be for me that I do not deserve to use Adobe since I am poor and trying to do something to help me. Yes, I am old. I am 66. Yes, I have used Adobe. No, I am NOT threatening to take my business elsewhere, on the contrary, I am fighting to find a solution to stay with Adobe. Again, I appreciate your kind response. You are a gem, my friend. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's bizarre that I have never been on the community before now but I must say the few posts I have read, and the responses offered by MVP's and the like are shockingly bad. This seems to be a community where complaints and/or complainers are brought down with social media type name calling and/or assumptions being made. Shame really, I like Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sarcasm is not necessary just because you disapprove. In my opinion, the price can be discussed back and forth forever. What I personally do find a mistake is the fact that you lose every possibility of doing anything with your old stuff once you do no longer subscribe. This is pure business. Adobe are capable of smart programming, and could easily program the applications so that you could read and edit newer files with an older version (to a limited extent, obviously). But now you are no longer able to buy anything and find yourself at the mercy of Adobe. Buy a new version every three years? Why? Doesn't it depend on what you're doing with the applications? This is like Microsoft Office, where 95% of the users use 5% of the possibilities, i.e. would do perfectly well with CS3, but are forced to subscribe to something where they need 5% of the content - the development of which was done years and years ago. Microsoft did the smart thing and reduced the prices to a couple of BigMacs a month. And keep on making huge money. As it is, Adobe seem to be trying to reduce costs and controlling you while offering less and less apart from new tidbits in their applications. E.g.: if you want support in Scandinavia, there is not a single person who speaks your language, and you are connected to some Indian office where the people are certainly less than proficient in English, they are slow and not particularly interested in your customer satisfaction. Quite frankly, I think Adobe could do a lot better when it comes to making a wider proportion of their customers smiling when they think about Adobe. For the price, they should offer more customer satisfaction than only mega-advanced possibilities in their applications that only the fewest need or will ever use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines