• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program Confusion in Adobe Creative Cloud Interface

Participant ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Creative Cloud has just updated and an interface has reappeared on my desktop.  Under the “Apps” option, the header says “My Apps and Services” but then seems to misidentify what I own and what I don’t own. 

1.     It also notes that there is “1 update” but I can’t tell which product this applies to.  How do I tell?

2.     I own Acrobat DC.  According to this Adobe interface, I can only “Try” Acrobat DC, which I purchased. What am I to make of this?  Should it not say “Launch”?

3.     Conversely, I can “Launch” Portfolio, Spark, and Behance which I’ve never heard of, but the option to launch suggests that I own them but they are not installed on my system. This is all very confusing.

4.     Finally, Adobe Elements isn’t listed at all, another Adobe product that I actually own.  Why is it missing from the app list here?

Can someone explain these confusions to me.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

The permanent license product is not the same as the subscription Acrobat DC.  You cannot run both. Creative Cloud has no idea what the other app is that you have Installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you click the installed apps?

Screenshot - 7_28_2018 , 7_21_02 AM.png

if you've done that and it appears incorrect, check your account to verify your subscription is what you expect and to verify your adobe id, https://accounts.adobe.com.  then

sign out and then back in to your cc desktop application using the same adobe id used to verify your subscription:  http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click "installed apps", Acrobat DC does appear but the option is "Try."  Shouldn't it say "Launch?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. Do you mean that you purchased Acrobat outside the Creative Cloud Plan? What exactly did you buy and was it a permanent license or a second subscription?

3. Some Creative Cloud items are cloud based services, with nothing to install, so you can run them at any time.

4. The "Elements" apps are nothing to do with Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud is only a small part of Adobe's entire line of products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I bought Acrobat separately and have a permanent license/key.

Ok.  I didn't know that all Adobe products didn't appear on the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The permanent license product is not the same as the subscription Acrobat DC.  You cannot run both. Creative Cloud has no idea what the other app is that you have Installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Test Screen Name.  I didn't know that and I suspect that I'm not alone.  I'll ignore the whole Cloud app.  I was just curious.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll need to uninstall everything cc and clear your license folders:

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

delete the Adobe PCD folder and SLStore folders,  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/configuration-error.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

install your classic acrobat and activate with your serial number.

Single user licensee downloadable installation files available:

Updates

• Download and installation help for Adobe links

• Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3 which also apply to eLearning Sute 2.5.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

And a big thank you to Jim @ Prodesigntools for helping me with these links!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Cloud and apps are a confusing mess! Adobe has some great products to offer but they must have hired a pschotic to put together the access to them. Honest to God I don't know whether I'm coming or going. Now I have been offered to "upgrade" to a new version and it is more confusing than ever. I can no longer find my templates and the interface is completely different. Then, when trying to get help they will only commincate with you via email or you can sit on the telephone for an hour+ to talk to someone only to be told that you've called the wrong number and they will connect you with someone else (again with the hour long hold time). And we pay for this? On top of all that, even the sales people are confused about the products and give you incorrect information. Then they will not email you back or be available by telephone. I see Adobe has their community guideline above my post (prior to pasting it) that use the word "kind" and "respectful" . . . maybe they should some of both for their customers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a question that could be answered in a forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure . . . why won't Adobe customer support return my phone calls?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the forums are for user-to-user communication. i'm not an adobe employee so i don't man the adobe phones and perhaps no else does either.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines