Highlighted

Program Power Efficiency

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since moving to working remotely, I've been exclusively using my laptop for doing design work in InDesign and Illustrator, and I've come to be really irritated by how heavily both programs seem to tax my new 16 in. Macbook Pro from an energy perspective. This laptop is rated for 10 hours of battery life, and while I realize that these programs are likely to decrease that battery life due to their graphics-intensive nature, I'd expect to get more than the 1.5-2 hours I seem to be getting on a regular basis.

When I take a look at what is taxing the battery the most, it's 3 culprits: InDesign, Illustrator, and Core Sync. Now, I don't even really know what Core Sync is doing, but I've paused file syncing and it doesn't seem to have had any impact.

I'm bringing this up because it would be great if rather than continuing to develop more and more apps that are less fully featured than desktop programs that Adobe could spend some resources trying to optimize and streamline your current programs so they end up being more efficient and less taxing on battery life. I've tried talking to support about these issues, but no one seems to understand what I'm talking about, so I end up getting bounced between multiple people and never getting a real response or just having someone say they'll communicate it to the engineering team.

Anyone else having the same issue? If anyone has any tips on how to reduce the power drain, that would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Program Power Efficiency

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since moving to working remotely, I've been exclusively using my laptop for doing design work in InDesign and Illustrator, and I've come to be really irritated by how heavily both programs seem to tax my new 16 in. Macbook Pro from an energy perspective. This laptop is rated for 10 hours of battery life, and while I realize that these programs are likely to decrease that battery life due to their graphics-intensive nature, I'd expect to get more than the 1.5-2 hours I seem to be getting on a regular basis.

When I take a look at what is taxing the battery the most, it's 3 culprits: InDesign, Illustrator, and Core Sync. Now, I don't even really know what Core Sync is doing, but I've paused file syncing and it doesn't seem to have had any impact.

I'm bringing this up because it would be great if rather than continuing to develop more and more apps that are less fully featured than desktop programs that Adobe could spend some resources trying to optimize and streamline your current programs so they end up being more efficient and less taxing on battery life. I've tried talking to support about these issues, but no one seems to understand what I'm talking about, so I end up getting bounced between multiple people and never getting a real response or just having someone say they'll communicate it to the engineering team.

Anyone else having the same issue? If anyone has any tips on how to reduce the power drain, that would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 01, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report or request
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/
-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John! I've been trying to find something like that for awhile. I appreciate the help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2020 0