• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program Updates

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My programs just updated to the new 2020 version but the 2019 versions are all still available on my HD. Why is that? I don't want it hogging all the room.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When updating you have an option to remove old versions, it's unchecked by default, you can of course uninstall the old versions from the CC app, although new versions always come with bugs and compatibility issues, so if you have sufficient space it's best to have an old version to fall back on

remove old.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe InDesign 2020 installed all by itself with NO NOTIFICATION and now have duplicate apps - the old and the new.

We're all just Adobe's beta testers because clearly they cannot figure this stuff out for themselves.

I now have two layouts open in the "NEW AND IMPROVED" InDesign - both with the same fonts - one layout is showing fine, the other is showing the exact same identical font as not being available.

I like the Adobe Community Professional's comment that you should keep old apps because "new ones always have bugs"

Again, had Adobe bothered to beta test anything, we wouldn't be in this mess, yet again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you know I don't work for Adobe, I'm just a normal user like yourself, you must have Auto update enabled in the CC app

And I stand by the statement about the bugs 😉

auto update.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meant no offense, more to the point all Adobe apps have bugs.

Never used to be the case. Adobe used to be a company very thorough in its programming and quality.

That has gone completly out the window. The list of bugs I have on InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop and Acrobat could choke a horse.

Now its all left to "Community" where we all have to scramble to figure out their mistakes just to be able get work done - Adobe does not realize the downtime is costly.

All very frustrating and the reason I am switching to Affinity apps when my subscription is up - because even if their versions have bugs - at least I'm not supporting a company like Adobe making bajillions and not investing it where it should be - in fixing all their bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None taking 🙂

Have to agree since Adobe went CC it's all gone a bit down hill I'm afraid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines