• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS6 Extended was locked to OSX and now its back to EXE.

New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i had a copy of ps6 extended student and i changed the licsense from exe to osx which was a one time, i havent used it for a while because i couldmnt afford a mac but just started a new job so brought a macbook pro and just went to download the osx and its locked to exe! i really do hate adobe sometimes...

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can dl ps cs6 here, Adobe CS6 is Here! | ProDesignTools

and a valid serial number will activate the extended version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant see where i download it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

i found it and its the same problem, file not comeplete! you dont want me to blame adobe??? seriously this is a crime! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're downloading the windows version, you need to download file 1 of 2 AND file 2 of 2, put them in the same directory and then click (or double click) file 1 of 2 (the exe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the link you posted doesnt take me to a download??? im sorr yim not finding this easy at all... its rediculous that its made so hard to obtain what is mine, like i said i appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to read, at least, to the 2nd sentence:

kglad_0-1621179159262.png

here's a link to the page with downloads, Download Adobe CS6 Trials: Direct Links (no Assistant or Manager) | ProDesignTools

but you have to read the directions, at least, step 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that page looks very different to mine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're looking at the direct link page.  scroll to about the middle:

kglad_0-1621189270791.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it won't run on a NEW Macbook Pro, only one suitably old and able to run the old systems needed by these old apps. Since you were using it, Apple has scrapped all old apps and required everyone to get new ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps cs6 mac was 64 bit so it will run a new mac with a downgraded os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new Macs cannot downgrade far enough so far as I know. Especially M1 Macs, which can only possibly run Big Sur. Generally, a new Mac can be downgraded at most one OS version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think you're essentially correct because when you downgrade the os you still need hardware drivers and you're not going to find drivers for new hardware compatible with old os'es.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so now ive taken the macbook back ive picked up a laptop and it wont let me download the whole file! i keep getting a message saying you need to down load all parts or something!!! ADOBE CAPITALISM... they also ripped me off with my lightroom 5...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blaming adobe for your download problems doesn't make sense, but i'm guessing that won't register for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who else do I blame they have messed me around with CS6 and lightroom! I had a legit Foley of lightroom and they told me they'd refunded me years ago and I can't argue it! I still have it running with a legit license in an old laptop of mine... they are screening with people! They refused to transfer what I thought was an open platform license PSCS6 to exe after I'd used it on OSX for years.. explain to me why Adobe are so tight and have taken my lightroom away from me??? And made it so hard for me to download my purchase and to be able to use it as I please! It's Adobe not me

or anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do appreciate your help but I should have to come to this forum in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi can you give me the link for the download again please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Mac operating system do you have?

PS CS6 for Mac won't install much less run Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey.  It's too old.

For Mac Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave, you need a terminal workaround because the old installers are not compatible with newer OS.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Failing that, you'll need new software for your new computer.

Photoshop Elements 2022 (Under $100, no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:
- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
- Lightroom Classic
- Portfolio website + hosting
- Spark with premium features
- Bridge
- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (51 + apps & services) and Single Apps Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download Adobe CS6 Trials: Direct Links (no Assistant or Manager) | ProDesignTools

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it won't remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines