Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purchase History Has Product Missing

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe users,

I have checked my Adobe account to get my product key as I am looking to replace and old computer.

The original purchase of CS2 in 2007 is there but it was upgraded to CS4 a year or so after, which was downloaded as an upgrade from Adobe, BUT that does not appear in my account history, so there is no Product KeyCode.

Is this because the upgrade shares the previous Product KeyCode of the CS2 version… I can not remember the process from over 10 years ago, but I did think I had a new KeyCode for the upgrade… if so how do I access it ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

As well as looking under “Order History” have you checked “My Products” That is where you will find all registered software and serial numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As well as looking under “Order History” have you checked “My Products” That is where you will find all registered software and serial numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have had a new key code. The install would ALSO have asked for the old CS2 key code. Seems the chances of getting either ancient software working is small...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS4 is working fine on current PC but I am looking to upgrade the machine and was going to use transfer software to instal my existing stuff, but in preparation I thought I may need the ProductKey for the new machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be able to use third party software to extract your key. See if this older thread helps:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2008767

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no product key anywhere-not even on my invoice. the serial nr is no use. i need the key to activate. it is like this

xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed windows 10 and I had to reset my computer to get rid of ONEDRIVE.  It told me it would uninstall all of the adobe programs.  I had backed up the computer to my external drive, but I did not know I had to unplug that so it was also reset.  I had been backing files up under the Adobe Premiere, but evidently that is of no use now.  Anyway, the issue I wanted to relay here is that my account did not show the purchase of BOTH Adobe photoshop products I simulateously made and installed.  How weird is that?  Today I updated my email address and they can't see any purchases under the old email address.  I could mybe understand that if I had changed it a long time ago, but today? The assistor was SO RUDE and told me I wasn't following his instructions.  He was not giving me any except saying I needed the product number.  He wouldn't listen to reasonableness or check my computer for other signs I had both programs.  I asked him to elevate the issue that their system doesn't track history for ALL purchases and it erases it once you change your email address.  He refuses.  We need to get them to adress these issues to protect and help us.  (If anyone knows how I can reciver my multitude of pics, let me know.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The assistor was SO RUDE and told me I wasn't following his instructions.

What is your Adobe Case Number?  I will ask a senior staff member to look at this. 

In the meantime, your post is hard to follow.   A few basic questions might help us better understand the problem.

1. Did you buy all your software directly from Adobe?  If not, who did you purchase from and when?

2. Which products and versions did you buy? 

Keep in mind that Creative Suite is unsupported.  Adobe discontinued CS1, CS2 and CS3.  They are officially dead.  Even if you could re-install, there is no possible way to activate the software.  CS4, CS5 and CS6 are on life support.  Adobe Customer Care cannot help you except with an activation count reset.  Beyond that, you are on your own.

3. In as few words as possible, please tell us exactly what you need help with?

========================

Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately and offer to sell you software or take control of your computer.  It's a scam, run away! 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines