• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about downloading CS6 software to new mac laptop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to purchase an Apple laptop. I currently own (non-cloud) Adobe CS6. I'd like to download my CS6 from the Adobe website. Is it as easy as accessing my CS6 via Adobe website and downloading? Do I need previous versions of CS in order for CS6 to work?

I'm in a time crunch and don't really have time to leave my computer at Apple store for a few days for them to do it.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

you won't be able to use it, at all, because the latest macs are not compatible with cs6.

that said, you can download cs6 (for mac and for win) from prodesigntools.com and you can (still, but for a limited time) activate it.  if your cs6 was an upgrade version you'll need not only your cs6 serial number but also the serial number of the qualifying upgradable version.

but not having a compatible computer (that fails to support 32 bit programs and adobe's installer is 32 bit) is a non-starter.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

HI Tati,

Yes, you follow the link: Download CS6 products to download your CS6 products and you do not need your previous CS products for the download.

Let me know if you face any queries while doing that.

Thanks,

Roman Ortan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you won't be able to use it, at all, because the latest macs are not compatible with cs6.

that said, you can download cs6 (for mac and for win) from prodesigntools.com and you can (still, but for a limited time) activate it.  if your cs6 was an upgrade version you'll need not only your cs6 serial number but also the serial number of the qualifying upgradable version.

but not having a compatible computer (that fails to support 32 bit programs and adobe's installer is 32 bit) is a non-starter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, reading between the lines, you had CS6 for Windows. That cannot run on a Mac of any age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Tati,

Yes, you follow the link: Download CS6 products to download your CS6 products and you do not need your previous CS products for the download.

Let me know if you face any queries while doing that.

Thanks,

Roman Ortan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more question...Is CS6 compatible with the newest Operating Systems? I am currently running 10.6.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tati,

Please follow the link: System requirements | Adobe Creative Suite 6 to check the system requirement for CS6 products.

Thanks,

Roman Ortan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 was not written for the latest operating system and will never be modified to make it so.
On Windows it seems possible to get it working in Windows 10, for some people at least.
On the latest Mac systems Catalina and Big Sur you can only run software from 2019 and later, so it would be no use at all. Apple work hard to make sure you can't run old apps, keeping up to date is part of the Joy Of Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quoteOne more question...Is CS6 compatible with the newest Operating Systems? I am currently running 10.6.8.

==========

Well, that's telling.  10.6.8 is a  v-e-r-y  OLD operating system called Snow Leopard that is far, far, far removed from Apple's latest. 

If you're human and not a robot, CS6 installers won't work on Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without workarounds.  And it's impossible to install legacy CS6 on Catalina or Big Sur.  So you will need new software to go with your new Apple laptop.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<misleading link removed - kglad>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines