• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve the issue. Please click 'repair'..."

Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Since Friday, I have been receiving this annoying message on my computer.

I have put lots of effort in to fixing it but to no avail. Clicking "Repair" seems to solve the problem until the next time I reboot my PC at which point this comes back again. Additionally, doing a full uninstall and reinstall does not seem to fix it either, as rebooting causes this to pop up once again. The uninstall methods that I used include using the traditional method via the "Programs & Features" page on Windows as well as using Adobe's Creative Cloud uninstaller tool and neither have resolved this. Has anyone else been seeing this? And has anyone figured out a solution?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the Mac version. EVERY time I reboot my Mac that error pops up and I have to reinstall Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did this start happening to you? I only started seeing it on Friday. At this point I am convinced that it is a bug and not a corrupted installation. I have done everything I can to fix it. I even used a Clonezilla image to roll my entire computer back to the state that it was in on Christmas Eve (the last time I took a backup image). After booting up, Creative Cloud took an update and the issue came back immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least a month. I don't reboot very often at all, so I'm not sure when it appeared. I have tried all of the above (uninstall, clean up, reinstall, etc) but it's still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder what it is about our systems that is causing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

usually an antivirus, antimalware, or cleaner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I use is Malwarebytes in conjunction with Windows Defender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this happening on both Windows and Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see msg 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have tried this but the issue still persists.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I expected, Adobe Customer Support is useless. All they do is say to do everything that I have already document as having tried. Keep in mind that they say this after I have already told them that I tried something multiple times unsuccessfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure it's worth it, but you could reformat c harddrive (after securing everything you want to restore), reinstall your os, update your os and then install the cc desktop app and then install your programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I have so much stuff on my machine that it is definitely not worth it. It would take me a whole weekend of doing nothing but sitting at my computer to get everything set back up the way I like it. I will just live with it until Adobe releases a patch to stop it from happening. For what it's worth, I regularly take Clonezilla backup images of my machine and I tried rolling back to my latest one (I think I mentioned this already). It was from Christmas Eve which was well before this started happening, but upon the initial boot after restoring, Creative Cloud installed an update and it started happening again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's certainly not worth reinstalling the ENTIRE machine just for this one bug. I would rather just delete CC and be done with it if they can't get it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm finally home from work and just powered up my desktop for the first time since the weekend and so far, I have not received the error. Perhaps Adobe pushed another silent update today that fixed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if your cc app version changed, it's possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Programs and Features lists 4.8.0.421 as the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it just happened again. I have no idea what is going on with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i updated to that version a few days ago and saw one anomaly (photoshop needed to be reinstalled), but otherwise have had no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very unusual indeed. This crap is still happening to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extension Manager​ I meant to tag you in this since you apparently solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines