• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Adobe Installer is already running."

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2012 Jan 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded CS5.5  for Windows Trial edition. When the Adobe Download Assistant completed the download, it did not install the software,  and I received the error message "Adobe Installer is already running."

Nothing else is running on this machine, as I shut down all programs and the Windows firewall. Went to the Adobe InDesign file on C: amd opened the file and clicked set-up and received the same message.

Tried repeating the download, with the same result.

Called Adobe and they are closed for the weekend.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 29, 2012 Jan 29, 2012

Well, if it tells you it is running, then it is running. Check your task manager for instances of setup.exe and msiexec.exe and terminate them.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2012 Jan 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if it tells you it is running, then it is running. Check your task manager for instances of setup.exe and msiexec.exe and terminate them.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2012 Jan 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks! That solved the problem. Verne

Verne Wheelwright, Ph.D.

[Personal info removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We encountered a similar problem.  We tried stopping set-up.exe but this did not resolve the issue.  We firstly checked that adobe reader and flash player were up to date, and not auto updating in the background.  After some head scratching we discovered that the creative cloud update was trying to install and failed and was stuck on 2% with an error code 207.  Once we cancelled the creative cloud update we were able to install without the message appearing again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue. I randomly clicked Creative Cloud so as to get some help and i saw that it was updating and  that was creating the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines