• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Inconsistency in the installer database"

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Photoshop Elements 11 from a disc on a new imac running OS X 10.8.2. I keep getting the above message, "Inconsistency in the installer database. Please restart your computer and install again." I have tried several times with the same result.  What to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Manually delete the caps.db in the caps folder. Just running the cleaner script doesn't resolcve that particular issue as in fact a completely unrelated entry in teh database may be causing this and not show up in the tool at all...

Important Directories

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Hi Diana,

This might be helpful for you Error "...Installer Database is Corrupt..." when you install Adobe Creative Suite 4 or point product

Its not for Photoshop Elements specifically but should help finding the caps folder.

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try running the Adobe Cleaner Tool

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Then try reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually delete the caps.db in the caps folder. Just running the cleaner script doesn't resolcve that particular issue as in fact a completely unrelated entry in teh database may be causing this and not show up in the tool at all...

Important Directories

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find this caps folder because I deleted my adobe illustrator folder. Where can i find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diana,

This might be helpful for you Error "...Installer Database is Corrupt..." when you install Adobe Creative Suite 4 or point product

Its not for Photoshop Elements specifically but should help finding the caps folder.

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2016 May 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks dude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Plz Can you help me, I have been installing adobe flash pro cs6, Then This Happpened "Inconsistency in the installer database" Plz Help Me Can Do This?

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines