Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Sign in Required" Loop

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I stopped my subscription of my Creative Cloud and started it again a few days later, because of the new price for educational people. After that, I can not use Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. because I get an "Sign In Required" Loop. Every time I want to start Photoshop the window opens and wants me to sign in. I click "Sign In", it says "Thank You" and I continue and the window appears again. I already tried the "(Not your Adobe ID?)" link and it didn't help.

Is there any solution or has anyone the same problem?

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

I had a similar problem. Every time I opened a CC App, I was asked to sign in. I followed instructions on several forums, but nothing worked.

Yesterday I got in touch with Adobe Help and together we spent over two hours trying to resolve the problem. I have to say Khongyairong (the guy I was dealing with) was very helpful but we ran out of time as I had to go out.

Today, I decided to remove every single trace of Adobe from my Mac. I followed these steps and all now works as it should!

Please note

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi martenme,

Please try the mentioned steps:

1. Right click on any of the CC apps and run as administrator.

2. Disable UAC, restart your machine and launch any app as run as admin: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/hyperyash/archive/2012/07/18/disabling-user-account-control-in-windows-8.asp... .

3. Update CC desktop and try to sign in again: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud .

4. Selective startup: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-vista/run-selective-startup-using-system-configuration

5. enable hidden admin and try to activate again: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vist... .

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

forgot to mention: I work under Mac OSX 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi martenme,

Navigate to Library/Application Support/Adobe/ right click /get info/ give read/write permission and select apply to enclosed item: http://www.macinstruct.com/node/415 .

Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/ and give read/write permission/ select apply to enclosed item: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html and try to sign in.

If the issue still persists then navigate to Library/Application Support/Adobe OOBE and rename to OOBE.old.

Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE and rename to OOBE.old

Download CC desktop: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud and try to sign in again.

Start the system in safe boot and try signing in: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html .

Enable root account and try to activate again: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11331 .

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem. Every time I opened a CC App, I was asked to sign in. I followed instructions on several forums, but nothing worked.

Yesterday I got in touch with Adobe Help and together we spent over two hours trying to resolve the problem. I have to say Khongyairong (the guy I was dealing with) was very helpful but we ran out of time as I had to go out.

Today, I decided to remove every single trace of Adobe from my Mac. I followed these steps and all now works as it should!

Please note the order – uninstall apps first, then run cleaner, then manually remove any left over files.

Warning: You will delete all Adobe files from your computer. If you are using any Adobe products other than Creative Cloud please make sure you check every file before deleting it – if it's not related to CC don't delete it! You might want to make a snapshot of your system that you can restore to before doing this. If there is more than 1 user on the Mac make sure they don't have Adobe products that could be effected by the following process.

1. Use the Uninstallers for each App you have (uninstallers can be found in Applications/Adobe *App Name*/Uninstall Adobe *App Name*
  2. Check Applications/Utilities for any other Adobe Uninstallers and run them
  3. Use Creative Cloud Cleaner to remove everything else (I was given the download from Khongyairong so don't have the link)
    1. Select 'All' from the dropdown menu, top-right.
    2. Click 'Clean All'
  4. At this point I restarted my Mac but it may not be necessary.
  5. Go to /Library/Application Support and delete the entire Adobe folder (I also deleted the Macromedia folder too, but I think this is just for Flash Player)
  6. Go to /Library/Caches and delete all folders and files with 'Adobe' in the name
  7. Go to (User) ~/LibraryApplication Support and delete the entire Adobe folder
  8. Go to /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support and delete the entire Adobe folder (if you have more than one user set up make sure they are not using Adobe products that will not function correctly if you delete this folder)
  9. At this point I searched my entire computer for any other files or folders with Adobe in the name and deleted them
  10. There was also a Photoshop folder in one of the Librarys (can't remember which but check in both) I deleted that too
  11. I emptied the trash and restarted here and would recommend the same

At this point I could have started installing the software again, but I took some extra steps which involved 3rd party software. I use Onyx which is a very good tool to clean up OS X system. You can use this or something similar to do the following:

1. Reset home folder permissions and ACLs
  2. Clear system and user caches

During the Onyx processes I was promted to restart my Mac a couple of times. Once all that was completed my Mac was booting up a fraction quicker than before (which was a nice bonus).

Fresh installs

I then went to creative.adobe.com, signed in and downladed Creative Cloud Desktop App – nothing else.

I installed CC desktop, signed in and initially downloaded 1 app (in my case Photoshop), opened it and waited... no window requesting sign in!!!!

I double checked, by quiting and reopening Photoshop – all seemed good!

I was then able to install other CC Apps (one by one just be sure) from the Creative Cloud App and every one of them works withut being promted to sign in!

Hope this works for you, I've seen this issue a lot and was very happy to have a solution to share it with others!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mrjonnywood! It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been almost a year, and after installing the CC 2014 update yesterday i got the same problem.

Unfortunately your suggestions didn't work and neither did all other suggestions in these forums.

Spent an hour on the phone with Adobe support who had not heard about this issue earlier (they said). And could not help me resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me. Updated and now I'm screwed. Did you ever find a fix. Tech support has been worthless thus far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be aware that this discussion dates back from September 2013.

If you are receiving a sign-in error then please try removing the OPM.db file per solution 2 in CC desktop lists applications as "Up to Date" when not installed - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/aam-lists-removed-apps-date.html.

In addition I have personally installed questionable virus protection software which has caused this exact same behavior to occur.  I would recommend also reviewing Sign in, activation, or connection errors | CC, CS6, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html and try temporarily disabling your security software to see if the same behavior continues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright - that's exactly what is disturbing - that there still an issue with this. Deleting the OPM file (which support also suggested) doesn't help.

And i have no antivirus installed on my mac either.

Adobe support have left me hanging with no solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flemming Rasmussen 123 what is your case number from your contact with our support team?  Also is all of your contact information up to date under your account at http://www.adobe.com/?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright - case number is 0185617726 and yes my contact info is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you find a fix Flemming - please let me know. However, I am operating Windows 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sure will... dont think it's related to the OS. I've tried uninstalling everything with the name adobe in it on my mac and every other suggestion on this and any other thread i can find where people have the same issue... nothing helps - which to me suggests its a serverside (Cloud) problem on Adobe's side...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flemming Reasmussen 123 I reviewed your case and your account and I believe you are either facing OPM file corruption or HTTP error handling difficulties.  This is due to the extended character within your address.  This issue is correctable and I have requested a member of our support team to contact you and review your PDApp.log to determine which error you are facing.

Mwpro I would recommend contacting a member of our support team if you have completed the steps listed in You are no longer signed into your Creative Cloud applications and continue to face difficulties with the sign in process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff I really appreciate your effort in looking into this, since it's very frustrating for me. I should say that deleting the IPM file has been tried both when i had the adobe support on the phone and once again afterwards, but with no luck.

It sounds strange that there should be an error with extended characters in my adobe id / mail address.. it has worked fine for years.

But again  - thank you for the effort - hope to hear from your colleague.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The extended character is actually in your physical mailing address.  It should be correctable though once the PDA.log file is reviewed.  I don't believe it will be necessary for you to update your account information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Jeff. I have tried everything as noted. Even did a fresh uninstall/cleaner/reinstall. I have spoken to four separate cs reps and they keep escalating the issue to another rep. No one has contacted me as requested. Everything was fine until I updated yesterday to 2014. Now I cannot access anything. Just a reoccurring Renew your Subscription loop, which is active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue that I have mvpro - and the adobe support persons i talk with keep escalating the the issue to another rep in my case too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems and have also done everything suggested in this thread and others. I've been without access to any adobe program for 48 hours now. I have also spoken on the phone with adobe support and sent in my logs. I'm still waiting to hear back but am getting increasingly frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrated is putting it lightly queen.wild. I hate paying for something I cannot use. However, Jeff seems to care and I feel positive he will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope so. I'm on the phone with adobe again and they have apparently escalated my case - whatever that actually means. And yes, frustration is a mild description of how I'm feeling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know if you find a fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mwpro can you please post one of your case numbers so I can review the interactions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was never given a case number Jeff. I was on chat and they just sent me to four cs reps until the final one said someone will be in touch with you via email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines