"This product is pre-activated for trade purposes on a pre-registered and pre-paid license"???

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eBay seller assured me that the Lightroom 6 DVD he was selling me was authentic, never used, and had a valid serial number.  Well, you know the rest of the story and I'm sure heard it before.  My question is how can I PROVE to eBay that this DVD is counterfiet so I can get my money back?  As I said in the subject line it says "This product is pre-activated for trade purposes on a pre-registered and pre-paid license".  And the readme text file on the disc writes that in order to use this program, one must copy all the folders to the hard disk and install from there.  Also, the "License" file on the disk is a MP3 music file that plays the song "Almost Blue" by Elvis Costello & The Attractions.  This is crazy I know, but the guy insists it's a legitimate Adobe disk.

IMG_20200925_0001.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. eBay is notorious for pirated & counterfeit software.  Bad actors will say & do anything to get your money.

2. Did you and the seller submit a transfer of license form to Adobe BEFOREHAND?

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

3. I assume you didn't.  So your only recourse now is to insist on a refund from the seller.  If you paid by PayPal, contact PayPal.

4. Lightroom is only available by subscription. 

Creative Cloud Photography Plan -- approx $10/month for 12 months. Includes the very latest versions of these great products & services:
-- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
-- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
-- Lightroom Classic
-- Portfolio website + hosting
-- Spark with premium features
-- Bridge
-- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trying to buy Adobe software on eBay is not recommended. Sorry.

Why Never to Buy Adobe Software on eBay or Amazon Marketplace

Hope you can get your money back and/or your system isn't compromised, but it often doesn't end well. Good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines