Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unable to reach Adobe servers" : ongoing failure

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry for the double post but I've been trying all the other options and I still can't connect to any server with my single-user licence. I've even de-activated my firewall protection, but to no avail. I've tried the Windows updates, but it did not work. I have the whole Cloud installed on a laptop and everything is working for now, and even repairing the app manager does not change anything. It's been more than two weeks now and I really wish I could get a functional solution since it's a major impediment.

Thanks for all the support you could provide!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is that an message you see when trying to use your creative cloud desktop app?

if so, was your cc desktop app working/connecting previously?  ie, you installed adobe apps using the cc app and now are having problems updating or confirming your license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Especially check your HOSTS file (see link above).

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for your answers. 

kglad, the only and stubborn message I receive is the "classic" one that says I can't reach Adobe servers and that I'd better check my firewall settings and my clock. Yet, there's no problem there, and I can't see anything in the Cloud app but this notification. So yes, for maybe 9 months it has perfectly worked without any problem whatsoever. I suppose I ran the last major update for the Adobe products and from then on this app couln't connect. However, it seems there's absolutely no licence trouble since, as I said, another computer I owe is running the same thing & is just fine.

Axel_Matt, thanks for the link but I've already been through and everything is in order. Actually, the hosts files have been "repaired" quite a few times with the Reapir Tool, but it changed absolutely nothing. Besides, the manual procedure shows no special or dedidacted Adobe host files, so things are running smoothly.

I'm really puzzled and pretty powerless since nothing I could find on the Web has worked and I've not changed anything on my computer (no new setting, software or anything like this). I even waited for one week before trying to solve this issue, since I thought the problem was indeed coming from Adobe servers.

If you got any, even tiny, idea, just keep me posted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H-Tice I am sorry you are unable to reach Adobe servers.  I am showing that the last successful request we received from the computer was on June 29th, 2020.

I would recommend focusing on any configuration changes or updates that were made on or around this day.

Prior to June 29th, I am also seeing unusual behavior with the computer verifying your membership status more than once a day.  For example, on June 24th the same computer contacted us five times to check on your membership.  I would also not be surprised if you were asked to sign in during each of those attempts.

The unusual activation history and now the complete lack of requests both point to misconfigured security software.  Typically when we see multiple requests, in a single day, it is due to the stored licensing information being removed or damaged.  For steps, you can take to verify that the licensing information is not being removed please see https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/adobe-license-issues-keychain-credential-mgr.html#delint....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for your support and your advice. However, the first two solutions did not work: 

1°) I've checked the Windows Update History and nothing has been changed on June 29th. To be sure, I've removed two or three updates few days before but the connection remains unavailable.

2°) In the app, I am not actually asked to sign in, and I have no option in the software to change anything or to bypass the error message.

And here comes the big "thank you!" for the last solution actually worked:

3°) I followed your link (https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/adobe-license-issues-keychain-credential-mgr.html#delint...) and restarted the Credentials, but it did not work. The only miracle happened while I checked the very long list of Adobe credentials and started to delete them one by one. After a few "Adobe App Info" were gone, the service was back on, quite unexpectedly.

I do not know if it's fine to have... well, maybe a hundred of them, but for a large part they had been modified on June 24th, so something happened maybe while downloading a new version of the Cloud. I just hope it's not going to crash again because of these.

Whatever the reason, thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, actually, after a restart the problem is back... And while it worked, the app could not recognize the different Adobe products, asking for a download while they were still installed and operational. It seems that there is something behind that causes the problem to appear everytime. Any suggestion or trick to end that process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H-Tice, you will want to use a process of elimination to figure out what is causing the repeated damage to the files stored on the computer.  I would recommend you start with the Startup items and use the process listed in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026268/windows-10-change-startup-apps to turn the different items off.  Keep track of what was turned off, maybe even search using your favorite search engine if it is unclear what the Startup App is used for.

You can do two or three apps at a time, just keep track of what items were turned off.  Once you can consistently restart without any errors, then you will know which apps were recently turned off.

I think you are using Windows 10, but please update this public forum discussion, if you need a macOS version of the directions.  Both operating systems can load applications as part of the startup process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for your support. I've been trying a few things lately and here are the steps which improved the situation :

1°) I've deactivated some startup programs, although it did not seem to change anything at first. I finally deactivated the Adobe starter from the list and everything that was linked with it, but I'm not sure it actually helped.

2°) I patiently deleted all the credentials from the June 24th list and they all turned instantly into a "today" credential. After a few reboots, the Adobe App seems to connect successfully.

However, I still have a last problem : the App only recognizes maybe 5 programs among those I have installed. The others are still there, available and operational, but I am asked to install them again. How can I link the App with all the products I have already downloaded and that are perfectly working?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update, H-Tice!  It sounds like you have made some significant progress!

I would recommend starting with solution three in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-application-recognizing-available.html to see if that allows the apps to be listed as installed in the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Finally, if you do identify an app that needed to be permanently disabled or the configuration changed, then please update this public forum discussion, H-Tice.  Your experience may help others who encounter similar problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+++Adding to the discussion,

Also verify if the recommended steps in this other guidance eliminates the issue:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/unable-to-reach-adobe-servers.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone!

Thanks again for your support but nothing worked. By the way, I don't really understand why I have only 6 available apps, including XD, Media Encoder, LrC, Fuse, Camera Raw, and not the others, while some seemed to be linked with more major apps and while they are all set on the same drive.

Quite a mystery then, but I could use them, and only the updates were disabled. I finally installed them again, and things went back to normal.

Maybe devs will figure out a better way to manually link all the apps with a path given by the user.

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines