• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Adobe CC: Stop Auto Update

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but Adobe is performing teh most egregious of hostile takeovers with CC.

I still use CS6.  I have no need for the latest and greatest.
Yet when I go to the tried and true App Managewr the dang thing updated itself to CC WITHOUT my permission to do so!  Absolutely inexcuseable behavior and Adobe sure as hell knows that,
Now I uninstall CC and regular as clockwork it re-installs CC desktop whether I want it to or not - even AFTER turning off auto-updates.

There simply is no excuse to browbeat customers into accepting this intrusive app if we don't want or need it.  I get tired of it telling me there are "updates" when in fact it wants to replace my current apps with a CC trial.
Absolute BS!
So what I'm asking is how do I now get rid of this app I do not want?  I insist..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but my issue is the sneaky way they installed CC desktop and an inability to roll it back or disable the notifications of updates.
I simply went to app update for CS6 and next thing I know I have CC telling me every single day that there's an "update" for Acrobat (like buy the latest).

You can't get rid of it - it refuses to uninstall then if you use an uninstaller app it comes right back since the services ressurect it.
Interesting parallel one of the world's first computer viruses was written to do exactly this - resuurect the other if one got deleted.
You can look up the Robin Hood/Friar Tuck Xerox virus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines