• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Adobe Installer Has Stopped Working

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying for 3 days to download a Photoshop trial. Adobe Installer asks for permission to run, but then stops working within a couple of minutes. I get a 'Windows is looking for the problem' message and then 'A problem has caused....'

I've hunted for solutions all over the internet, and tried every suggestion, including the one above, with no luck. Can anyone help please before I go crazy?

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using the cc desktop app installer or the ps installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both downloading CC and that gets stuck while trying to open, and directly downloading Photoshop. That downloads, installs, opens (and I get all excited!) and then stops working. Windows looks for a reason, says there's a problem, but not what it is, and then closes the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have win 7 or better, follow the message 1 steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Win 10 and I've followed the steps in message 1 about four times now, with no change. I haven't found anything elsewhere that works either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Handyann, sorry that you continue to face errors when installing Photoshop CC on Windows 10.  As suggested by Kglad please use the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application to begin the installation process for Photoshop CC.  You can find complete details regarding the process at Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps .

Please also check the install log to determine what error is preventing either Photoshop or the Creative Cloud desktop app from installing successfully.   For information on how to locate the install log see Creative Cloud download and install errors .

Please post any errors you discover to this discussion, Handyann.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said earlier, I've been trying to use CC desktop but it won't open. It sits there for ages with the wheel spinning. Then is says it's taking longer than usual and gives the option to repair (which just starts the lengthy download again) or to quit. I've been round that particular mulberry bush so many times that I've lost count.

I went to look at the install logs, but they don't seem to exist. Neither install.log nor ...log.gz are in the common files folder and they don't appear on a search of the hard disc either.

I've followed all the steps on message 1 four times now, plus trying everything suggested everywhere else and nothing is making a difference.

Creative Cloud won't open and if I try to download Photoshop, the Adobe Installer crashes too after just a minute or two.

I turned off the firewall and closed everything else down while downloading and banned use of the connection for anything else, so the download had the bandwidth all to itself.

Nothing changes.

I don't know what's left to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, as a next step I would recommend implementing the steps listed in "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app .  This includes removing the OOBE folder as discussed in solution two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I did everything listed on the page you linked to, downloaded Creative Cloud desktop yet again and, this is the result once more:

Capture.JPG

What's next please??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handyann, is this your personal Windows computer or is it managed by an organization?

You can find details on how to resolve the current error of the Creative Cloud desktop app being damaged at Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve this problem, is missing or damaged .  If you continue to encounter errors, then I would encourage you to contact our support team at Contact Customer Care so that direct assistance can be offered, Handyann.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my personal laptop. I've just also tried setting up a new local user with administrator privileges, downloaded CC again and the same thing is happening.

The steps you're now suggesting are the same as before. I'd already searched the net and done all this before asking for help.

Why is it so hard to do this? I had Photoshop for years on previous computers with never a hitch, but back then there was no blasted Cloud stuff and no win 10. I suppose I just answered my own question.

Thank you anyway

UPDATE: Adobe support has just spent the better part of 3 hours going through everything I've done several times and the problem has not been resolved. They suggest that, because the Event Viewer mentions a .DLL that's stopping Photoshop, I should contact the Windows Support team. Adobe did say they'd keep the case open and, if there's no joy with Windows, then the 'higher team' will look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you gone with resolving this issue?

I have also been through all forums, and gone through all steps provided.

It is doing my head in, have been experiencing this problem for over a year now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the very late reply. I hope you got sorted eventually. I didn't and it cost me the contract I needed Photoshop for.

I spent a whole week being bounced back and forth between Adobe and Microsoft. Both their 'support' teams remotely rummaged about in my laptop several times, mostly exactly repeating over and over what I and they had already done. Every time I got sent by one company to the other, the new support tech would start the whole process again from the beginning - do they not read what's in the support case notes?? In the end, none of them could sort it out. Microsoft I don't really blame, as it's not their software they were trying to repair and I think Adobe were just trying to pass the buck in the hopes they'd get out of the problem more easily. Adobe eventually threw up their hands and gave up, after having me wipe my laptop and reinstalling everything still didn't work. 
So, I never did get CC to work and ended up going a different route to get where I needed to be. Not impressed. At all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines