Highlighted

Re: Adobe removed the public download links for their softwar...

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be forewarned that uninstalling any Adobe product is impossible for heirs of the estate.  In ther meantime Adobe continues to withdraw from bak account.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Re: Adobe removed the public download links for their softwar...

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be forewarned that uninstalling any Adobe product is impossible for heirs of the estate.  In ther meantime Adobe continues to withdraw from bak account.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has removed public links for CS6 and earlier

CS6 and earlier have never had monthly charges, that is only for a Cloud subscription

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Your subject line says you are looking for download links (which are for installing), while the body of your message says you are trying to uninstall.

I'm sorry for the loss of your loved one. Uninstalling will not stop the subscription. If the person had a Creative Cloud account, then open the Creative Cloud app, go to Manage account, and cancel there. If you have trouble, contact Adobe Customer Care:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
Click the chat icon in the lower right and type "agent" to get a human, not a bot.

If you can cancel the account and do not remove the software, you will not be billed and you won't be able to use the software with that sign in. I've also been through this and kept the software so I could log in with my own account to retrieve family photos. If any photos are stored in the "Cloud", you will lose them when you deactivate the account, so check there if that's a concern. The photos on the hard drive will remain there.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to uninstall CS5 from the old computer that is broken so that I can install it on the new computer.  In other words I am trying to transfer the license from the old computer to the new computer, but I am unable to connect to the Internet on the old broken computer.  I still do NOT wish to change to CC, and Adobe does not have the right to tell me sorry you may not use CS5 even though I paid for it.  This is ransom.  By the way, I did not lose any "loved one" but it is I who will be deceased sometime in the future.  If Adobe no longer has a public download link, then it should at least provide a private link to one who already has the license and paid for it.  Again, this is ransom and exhortation. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe product is impossible for heirs of the estate."

My apologies for misinterpreting this. I didn't realize you were talking about your own heirs. TSN has said summed it up pretty well. The only thing I can add is that I had no trouble unsubscribing to CC when I was the executor, if that's the only part that worries you. Just leave notes including:

• How to unsubscribe by logging into your account
  • How to reach Adobe Customer Care: 
    https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html . Click the chat icon in the lower right and type "agent".
  • How to ask questions on this forum if they need more help

This is a user forum, so we can only tell you what Adobe's policies are. We don't work for Adobe. You might try the Customer Care chat yourself if you want to talk to Adobe. Be sure to type Agent so you are not talking to a bot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The estate executor or administrator must send notifications to all creditors along with a copy of the death certificate to inform them that the loved one is deceased.  I also highly recommend closing bank accounts to further charges.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly why I do not wish to subscribe to CC; this would be one more task for the executor to do, and I am trying to keep it as simple as I can for my heirs. I am a retired probate paralegal, so I know what it entails, and I am not going to let Adobe coerce me into subscribing to CC which I do not want.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you've explained your situation, I've looked back at the original post "Be forewarned that uninstalling any Adobe product is impossible for heirs of the estate.  In ther meantime Adobe continues to withdraw from bak account."

Well, what do you mean?

1. Uninstalling a product can be done by anyone with suitable access to a computer.

2. Uninstalling NEVER removed license info or allowed more installs anywhere else. To do that you need to "deactivate", not "uninstall".

3. You say "Adobe continues to withdraw from bak account." but you also say you don't have a subscription. What??

4. Neither uninstalling NOR deactivating will stop a subscription being charged. You have to CANCEL a subscription. There may be a penalty according to the contract signed on taking out the subscription. But this does not seem relevant to you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you can't deactivate a serial number
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
Click here https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For CS6 and earlier you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
--as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
--if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines