• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Can I use photoshop cc 2019 on my desktop without creative cloud?

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I finally bit the bullet to get the Adobe apps once I got a (only one year?!?) educational discount (I'm an NYU professor)... and I have to say, cloud has never worked since day one.  I have mulitple macs all fairly recent... oldest mac is a 2010 server mac pro but it is maxed with 64 RAM and running High Sierra easily now.  My Mac mini in my studio is on Mojave and it's a 2018 model.  If I work on my tower and then go to my mini... none of the files ever update.  When I attempt to get it to update... all I get are the CONSTANT demands to upgrade to PS 2020 or whatever... the Cloud desktop interface itself is one big advertisement for Adobe... not user friendly at all.  I have tried everything and it just doesn't update files.  Why bother having this storage system to transfer files between systems if it doesn't ever update.   I have to constantly go in and try to get it to update my files.  When it IS updating... there is no indication that it is.  The only thing the app says is "Getting storage information..." And if I try to quit the cloud app (usually after being utterly frustrated)... it always interrupts me telling me it's busy... "The folllowing processes will be stopped: Active installs and updates"... but there is NO UPDATING going on!  It's like it just ALWAYS wants to be on... even though it's doing nothing but adding new advertisements for app updates.   I just WANT TO DO MY WORK!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I keep CC Desktop app closed most of the time.

1. Open CC Desktop, click the gear icon >

a) General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
    b) Apps tab > Auto Update.  Disable auto-updates.

2. Use your OS settings to remove CC Desktop App from launching on startup.

3. Close CC Desktop App when not in use.  Win: Ctrl + W.  Mac: Option + Cmd + W.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines