Highlighted

Re: Can't Uninstall my Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, along with the many, many.. many...  other threads/posts on the site cannot uninstall CC from my computer. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult and none of the suggested fixes work. This thing is like a virus. Why can't you just uninstall it like any other program??? I'm on Windows 7...

The first step of the Adobe instructions says to open the desktop app and click on the apps tab. But there is no apps tab (see below). The only option in the settings cog is "help" or "quit." If I try to install updates it freezes at 10% and gives various error messages. All of the solutions to the error messages are to uninstall the app. Which is what I'm trying to do in the first place.

cc1.JPG

If I try to uninstall the individual programs through Windows control panel, it just opens the same Creative Cloud window as shown above, and again only has an install option, which is the opposite of what I am trying to do. This still freezes, just as if I clicked it from my desktop. If I try to the Creative Cloud app, it tells me I can't do that either, because I have apps that need it. Which I can't uninstall.

cc3.JPG

So various Adobe forum threads recommend using the CC cleaner tool. Where the first step is to uninstall the app. Which you can't do.
So other Adobe forum threads forums tell you to uninstaller utility, which also has it's own set of errors. Why do I need multiple extra programs just to uninstall the first program and then it still doesn't work? How can you actually get rid of this virus you call Creative Cloud?????

(Branched out as a new thread)

Hi Murray2552,

Sorry! for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand your concern, you would like to uninstall Creative Cloud desktop app from your machine, to do that follow the solutions given below:

In the CC Cleaner tool page please follow the 'Steps 6 to 10' under 'Run the CC Cleaner Tool for Windows' to directly remove the app from your machine: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems.

Or else, you may also refer to the following thread to manually clean remove the desktop app from your machine: Photoshop Installation Failed

Let us know if this helps.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Re: Can't Uninstall my Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, along with the many, many.. many...  other threads/posts on the site cannot uninstall CC from my computer. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult and none of the suggested fixes work. This thing is like a virus. Why can't you just uninstall it like any other program??? I'm on Windows 7...

The first step of the Adobe instructions says to open the desktop app and click on the apps tab. But there is no apps tab (see below). The only option in the settings cog is "help" or "quit." If I try to install updates it freezes at 10% and gives various error messages. All of the solutions to the error messages are to uninstall the app. Which is what I'm trying to do in the first place.

cc1.JPG

If I try to uninstall the individual programs through Windows control panel, it just opens the same Creative Cloud window as shown above, and again only has an install option, which is the opposite of what I am trying to do. This still freezes, just as if I clicked it from my desktop. If I try to the Creative Cloud app, it tells me I can't do that either, because I have apps that need it. Which I can't uninstall.

cc3.JPG

So various Adobe forum threads recommend using the CC cleaner tool. Where the first step is to uninstall the app. Which you can't do.
So other Adobe forum threads forums tell you to uninstaller utility, which also has it's own set of errors. Why do I need multiple extra programs just to uninstall the first program and then it still doesn't work? How can you actually get rid of this virus you call Creative Cloud?????

Hi Murray2552,

Sorry! for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand your concern, you would like to uninstall Creative Cloud desktop app from your machine, to do that follow the solutions given below:

In the CC Cleaner tool page please follow the 'Steps 6 to 10' under 'Run the CC Cleaner Tool for Windows' to directly remove the app from your machine: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems.

Or else, you may also refer to the following thread to manually clean remove the desktop app from your machine: Photoshop Installation Failed

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 02, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Murray2552,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2018 1
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO I HAVE FOUNDED ARTICLE I THINK IT DOES HELP TO UOU

HERE IS THE LINK

https://www.howtofolks.com/how-to-uninstall-adobe-creative-cloud-full-guide/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0