• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Creative Cloud loses installed applications.

Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same thing has just happened to me: Windows 8.1, apps on C: drive in their standard locations (it's an SSD drive).

PS 2014 and LR 5.6 were installed via the CC window less than a month ago after previously uninstalling them for the same reason. Prior to that, I previously had the CC version of PS and the perpetual version of LR 5.4 installed, which were also repeatedly lost sight of by the CC listing of apps. Before that, PS CS5 and LR 5.3 - perpetual.

Today the CC window indicated that PS needed an update, for the new ACR version; at that time LR was showing too in the list, but did not (yet) ask for an update. I told CC to go ahead with ACR. Some hours later, Windows update wanted a restart. I did that. Now LR has vanished from the installed apps list -  due to my CC membership (photography bundle) its button lower down, says "Install" rather than "Try".

Now: Lightroom still runs fine, and I don't currently need the update, though I do prefer to keep LR and ACR versions in lockstep via the CC app since that notifies me about update activity. Within LR, "check for updates" offers me version 5.7.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Branching this to a separate discussion.

Richardplondon my apologies for the confusion.  Please click on the install button to install the Photoshop Lightroom 5.7 update.

Lightroom utilizes different installation technology than the majority of the Adobe Creative applications available through a Creative Cloud membership.  We are continuing to make steps to provide a more consistent experience for individuals.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richardplondon if you utilize the steps listed in CC desktop lists applications as "Up to Date" when not installed - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/aam-lists-removed-apps-date.html does it restore the install instead of try option?  In specific I would start with solution 2 of removing the OPM.db file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link does not describe my issue - I do have "Install" instead of "Try" showing. And it does not claim that applications are Up to Date when they are not.

I did try those steps and after reinstalling, CC reported the situation correctly at first.

However after the next update (applied via the CC console in response to its notification), once again the list of apps "forgot" the fact that the OTHER applications were installed at all.

So for example right now, it looks like this:

CC-mismatch.jpg

- from 25 days ago until 1 day ago, Lightroom did appear in the list of installed apps. Since updating PS with the new ACR (or, possibly, since the new LR version became available), Lightroom moved out of that top section. Though LR otherwise works fine, since this dialog is now not tracking it, CC is not notifying and prompting the upgrade as it should be doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching this to a separate discussion.

Richardplondon my apologies for the confusion.  Please click on the install button to install the Photoshop Lightroom 5.7 update.

Lightroom utilizes different installation technology than the majority of the Adobe Creative applications available through a Creative Cloud membership.  We are continuing to make steps to provide a more consistent experience for individuals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. As it stands, the CC utility is more of a frustration than a help to me - considered overall. And it tantalises me with CC content which I cannot, under my particular plan, download! The PS update method does work well, otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines