• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: CS6 - Installer failed to initialize. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem on Mac OS Sierra

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I met the same problem, tried your method, but didn't solve the problem

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Follow below steps :

Step 1)

Launch Activity Monitor and "Force Quit" all the process related to Adobe like Creative Cloud, CoreSync, AAMupdater, AAMupdater notifier, Adobe Crash demon , PDAPP, install , setup... from Activity monitor.

Step 2)

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To Folder" option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library
  3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and rename OOBE folder to OOBE-old.

Step 3)

Tra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Branched out as a new discussion)

Hi Xinz21157015,

As you have mentioned that you are unable to install Adobe CS6 Suite on Mac OS Sierra and you have tried all the steps provided in the following help document as well 'Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)' but it still didn't work, am I correct?

I would request you share the details of exactly what happens when you try to install CS6 on your machine, do you get any error messages with error codes in it, if yes then please share them with us.

Meanwhile I would recommend you to create a new user account on your machine and try installing the product there using the steps listed in the above help document and see if that works, see:Install or run Adobe applications in new user account | Mac OS X .

If it works in the new user account then this issue could be related to incomplete permissions on your main user account or some other software like antivirus or internet security program interfering with the installation.

Awaiting your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bani Verma,

Thank you for your reply!

1. I tried your method from Adobe help to install Illustrator CS6 on Mac OS 10.12.6

\

2.but it didn’t solve the problem

3.Then I had a try to use Adobe Creative Cloud CleanerTool to clean the mac,but it didn’t work

What's strange to me is that Photoshop CS6 and InDesign CS6 can be used normally, but Illustrator CS6 can not install

发件人: Bani Verma

发送时间: 2017年11月3日 18:32

收件人: club digital <zhangx@digital-club.com.cn>

主题: Re: CS6 - Installer failed to initialize. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem on Mac OS Sierra

CS6 - Installer failed to initialize. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem on Mac OS Sierra

created by <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bani+Verma> Bani Verma in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - <https://forums.adobe.com/message/9942464#9942464> View the full discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, just to confirm have you also tried creating the new user account and trying to install the app there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,I had a try to use a new account,but it also didn't work. Thank you so much!

Outlook for Android

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow below steps :

Step 1)

Launch Activity Monitor and "Force Quit" all the process related to Adobe like Creative Cloud, CoreSync, AAMupdater, AAMupdater notifier, Adobe Crash demon , PDAPP, install , setup... from Activity monitor.

Step 2)

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To Folder" option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library
  3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and rename OOBE folder to OOBE-old.

Step 3)

Trash Adobe Application Manager folder from Applications>Utilities.

Step 4 )

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application Manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/mac/ApplicationManager10.0_all.dmg

Once the installation process is completed, installation box will disappear, then open Application folder and locate Adobe Application manager launch icon , double click on it and update .

Once the update is completed. It will get updated to Adobe Creative Cloud app. No need to Sign in. Just quit it.

Try to install CS 6 again .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that worked for me is running the install exec. (Which is located in Adobe Photoshop CS6/Install.app/Contents/MacOS/Install)

I only did this after trying the method on this thread, so I'm not sure if it works alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jadon l, this is what seems to have worked for me too on Mojave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that was the correct answer!

Right click CS6 installer, Show Package Contents

Go to Contents/MacOS/install

Open "Terminal' > drag 'install' icon into terminal window.

Press Enter

Installer should now run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too (Mojave), but not before I had to update the apps...

2019-01-17_11-28-28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Corect answer really is from Jadon_L and Jamesf68960544, and  is the easiest to implement. Worked for me. Thx.

Just to reiterate...

Thanks, that was the correct answer!

Right click CS6 installer, Show Package Contents

Go to Contents/MacOS/install

Open "Terminal' > drag 'install' icon into terminal window.

Press Enter

Installer should now run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Grimstone 

the correct answer typically varies from user to user because the problem cause varies from user to user.  ie, it's not unusual for there to be multiple correct answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: The method still works in Mojave and without any other steps. Also, the file can be opened by double clicking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, this worked for me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still works!! May be an old answer but works perfectly in 2020! 

Thanks Jadon!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works in late 2021 too. Thanks. The subscription staff are not trained in how to do this and Adobe doesn't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please watch this video it will help You. Thanks

https://youtu.be/WlcjeqaQ2ws

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines