Re: Deactivating but not letting me reactivate

Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation servers for CS3 have been shut down by Adobe. You will not be able to activate it.

"Creative Suite 2 and 3: You can no longer reinstall Creative Suite 2 or 3 even if you have the original installation disks. The aging activation servers for those apps had to be retired."

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html

~ Jane

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Sad, but mostly angry with what some software companies like Adobe are doing to disable perfectly fine programs that I paid for, to force me to buy their new more costly upgrades. I don't need AI enough to justify the cost of a new version. Did a bunch of looking and just bought a copy or Affinity Designer for $25 (1/2 off sale) and it seems perfect for my needs. Very impressed with the value considering I would rate it 95% as capable as Illustrator and it has a very intuitive user interface. BTW, I have no connection with Affinity other than as a customer.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines