• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Error P22 installing on new Mac with case sensitive drive

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with adobe creative cloud, error p22, how can I choose another disk for installation? Thanks

Captura de pantalla 2017-11-21 a las 9.11.11.png

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

(Branched out as a new discussion)

Hi Ángel%20Rivera,

As you have mentioned you are getting Error P22 when trying to install Adobe Creative Cloud apps on your machine.

You cannot install Adobe products on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system, such as HSFX (HFS+) or UFS. This limitation applies to both the startup drive as well as the drive onto which the software is installed.

To know more about this see: Adobe error "Case-sensitive drives not supported" or similar install error | Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Branched out as a new discussion)

Hi Ángel%20Rivera,

As you have mentioned you are getting Error P22 when trying to install Adobe Creative Cloud apps on your machine.

You cannot install Adobe products on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system, such as HSFX (HFS+) or UFS. This limitation applies to both the startup drive as well as the drive onto which the software is installed.

To know more about this see: Adobe error "Case-sensitive drives not supported" or similar install error | Mac OS.

You can install apps on a different drive of your machine however we would suggest you to install your application on the primary drive or C drive only.

You can configure the installation destination from within the Creative Cloud app preferences. Please be aware that there will still be shared resources stored to your primary drive, In addition during the install process temporary files will also be created on your primary drive.

Please see the screen shot below for more information:

Note: If you have already installed apps then you'll have to uninstall them and make the location changes in Creative Cloud Desktop app, after that reboot the machine and now install your apps again and it should install on new selected location.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it does not help. Creative Cloud Desktop app also needs the same file system to be installed, so I cannot change the install location. We are paying for a product that does not work in the newest operative system for mac (thumbs up).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Casism, it is not necessary to run macOS 10.12 or later using a case-sensitive file system.  You can find details on how to format the drive so that case-sensitive is no longer selected at Erase a volume using Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support .  I would also recommend reviewing How to choose between APFS and Mac OS Extended when formatting a disk for Mac - Apple Support which provides additional guidance on the use of files systems with macOS High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ridiculous to have to pay for a program that you have to work extra hard to get access to. Cancelling immediately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you kidding me? I need to reformat the whole drive to a lesser format to run InDesign? Still?...in 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also a year later in 2020. And yes no option to chose another case insensitive volume. "Good work" Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any other way?  Adobe is not the only program that is installed on my computer and to completely wipe my computer and reinstall everything seems a bit much...  Is there going to be a fix on Adobes end to fix this without me having to format my HD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry. Davidc9146950, there are no current plans to re-write Adobe applications to support case-sensitive file systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can I do if I want to install some of the Adobe products? Is there any solution more sustainable than formatting the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am sorry, Alotama, the drive/partition that contains macOS and the location you wish to install have to use a file system that is not case-sensitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least you clould tell us what paths are used and I can make thows folder case insensitve. Can you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt Adobe have any information or research on this issue. They test their apps only on mainstream systems. By avoiding this weird system used by a tiny minority, it halves the number of test machines and test time. They quickly abandon systems used by a LOT more people than case sensitive systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridicolous! I'm never prompted to choose any filesystem to install, although I created a volume which is case insensive. Always get error 22. 

-> Next step : Delete my contract. I'm not willing to pay for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your SYSTEM volume has to be case insensitive. (Probably the install volume too) No use adding a case insensitive one later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really sorry to hear that,

For our IT it was the last year before switching to other solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW I used SuperDuper to copy everything to an external drive (x 2 for safety) and re-formatted by internal drive to APFS, which is said to be the preferred format for an SSD. It wasn't clear this would run Adobe CS but it does. So far no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines