• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: On the MacOS High Sierra Compatibility Issues

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that's the truth. Creative Cloud does not work on High Sierra.

What a waste of time and money $$$ to come to this conclusion.

Apple said it's not their problem. Adobe says oh well. Must be a non case sensitive drive.

The users get screwed again! Hope this info. saves users some time, it cost us plenty.

Adobe error "Case-sensitive drives not supported" or similar install error | Mac OS

Issue

When you try to install an Adobe product, you receive the message, "Case-sensitive drives not supported" in the Install Options panel. Or, you receive an error message such as the following:

• File system of setup volume not supported.
  • This software cannot be installed because the file system of the OS volume is not supported.
  • Unsupported OS version.
  • Unsupported file system on system disk.

Solution

Install the product onto an HFS+ or HFSJ non-case-sensitive drive.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Gerbenqikker and Skylaro19452271 support for the APFS management of files does not mean that Adobe applications support case-sensitive volumes.  The details discussed in Adobe error "Case-sensitive drives not supported" or similar install error | Mac OS continue to be relevant even on APFS volumes.  Please reformat the partition and do not choose case-sensitive as an option when choosing APFS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'm re-viewing Quack again because

of Adobe issues.

Too bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Victorvictor12 what error messages are you receiving when you try to install Creative Cloud applications on macOS 10.13?  Are you using the process listed in Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps and installing through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application?

The Creative Cloud desktop app was updated several months ago to offer support APFS.  So please do update this discussion if you are facing any download and install issues under macOS 10.13. 

I would also recommend reviewing Installing Creative Cloud on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) which discusses a workaround for macOS 10.12 or later if you are using local installation files instead of the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jeff+A+Wright  schreef

The Creative Cloud desktop app was updated several months ago to offer support APFS.  So please do update this discussion if you are facing any download and install issues under macOS 10.13. 

Dear Jeff, are we talking about the CC application itself or are we talking about the applications that make up CC? My (latest) Photoshop sort of works in High Sierra, however it can't see my local storage (AFPS) and has claimed a mounted Time Machine location instead and it won't deselect it. So hardly production status.

For what it's worth, it feels like Adobe is very slow in implementing a High Sierra production rated release. One would think that this process of rolling out updates after OS releases would have become better over time. But it never seems to work out for you guys. I don't think I'm the only one that feels Adobe should (really) improve this. Adobe feels slow and covered in red tape... I bet less than 1% of the total Adobe workforce actually works on the application code. Maybe that is the problem? In any case there -is- a problem. One that needs fixing as soon as possible.

Btw, your 'avatar' sports the icon 'Staff'. I assume you are part of the Adobe staff? Please correct me if I'm wrong. The comments above aren't necessarily targeted at Support or you yourself, but rather at Adobe management. If you become a semi monopolist in your business and still manage to mess stuff up you deserve the flak imho. But I presume they are rather busy with shares and shareholders. None of this bothersome 'software stuff'... 😕

Edit: typo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InfiniteErrors I am referring to the installation process.  There are a few known issues with the individual CC applications when running under macOS High Sierra.

If you have specific questions regarding compatibility, of a specific CC application, then I would recommend posting in the forum relevant to that software title.  A complete list of available forums is available at https://forums.adobe.com/welcome.

This forum thread is currently in the Creative Cloud Download & Install forum which is why I have answered this inquiry from the download and install perspective InfiniteErrors and Victorvictor12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Currently, I'm trying to install the creative cloud app on High Sierra, on APFS. I still get the error code 22, mentioning (in my language) that Creative Cloud can not be installed on a case sensitive file system.

So for me at least, APFS seems not supported on the latest version of the installer for the creative cloud app.

Would love to know how I can fix this, can't use the apps I'm paying for at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We reached ot to Adobe Customer Care TWICE!

They told us the solution is Install the product onto an HFS+ or HFSJ non-case-sensitive drive.

Adobe error "Case-sensitive drives not supported" or similar install error | Mac OS

They did not provide the link that Jeff posted above.

Installing Creative Cloud on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

We started over and reformatted the drive and reinstalled everything based on what they told us twice.

This cost our business a lot of lost time $$$$.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victorvictor12 and Gerbenqikker if you have an individual membership then please make sure that you are utilizing the steps listed in Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps to download and install the applications through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.

If you have a Creative Cloud for Team or Enterprise membership then please work with the department managing your account to receive new local deployable installation packages to be used with macOS 10.12 or later.

The workaround listed at Installing Creative Cloud on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) is only to allow for the installer to be invoked and has nothing to do with APFS support.  The Creative Cloud desktop app has included support to install to APFS for several months.  For a list of enhancements, implented to the Creative Cloud desktop app, see Release notes for the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I am aware I have to use the creative cloud app to install the other Adobe apps. But the creative cloud app does not let me install (even when using the show package content trick). Al of the "solutions" you are suggesting don't work for me. Still getting the error code 22. It just seems to not work with APFS. Could you please look into the actual problem people are having (not being able to install the creative cloud app on APFS), and not just give us the standard answers that are clearly not applicable to the people in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gerbenqikker and Skylaro19452271 support for the APFS management of files does not mean that Adobe applications support case-sensitive volumes.  The details discussed in Adobe error "Case-sensitive drives not supported" or similar install error | Mac OS continue to be relevant even on APFS volumes.  Please reformat the partition and do not choose case-sensitive as an option when choosing APFS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, thanks for clearifying.

Due to practical reasons I won't be able for a while to do this; is it perhaps possible to install creative cloud to another partition that is case insensitive instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application, and it's required temporary files and components, have to be installed on the same volume as the operating system Gerbenqikker. 

You can have a case-sensitive volume mounted but, the OS and installation location both have to be on a non-case sensitive volume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thus said re-image my machine because you can't be placed on a secondary volume that is not case sensitive?  That's a bitter pill and unacceptable.  Please advise when you plan to fix this egregious over-site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the conclusion? That the creative cloud doesn't work on high sierra system? I have to switch in 2018 because of dropbox requirement changes. Do I have a problem????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Candace Uiterwaal the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application is fully compatible with macOS High Sierra.  Our support for case-sensitive drives have not changed with the inclusion of support for the APFS for macOS High Sierra as discussed in post #10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty unbelievable...

Just ran into the same thing (Photoshop & Premiere Elements on a 2018 MBP, with APFS case-sensitive volume...). Conclusion: re-install the whole system to be able to run a 100$ application...  no thanks !!!

I'll use it in a Windows VM, but what a pity !!!! No excuses for this, by 2018, it's simply ridiculous and unacceptable !!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into the same thing. Your packaging does NOT make it clear that Mac OS 10.13 support is only PARTIAL -- those of us who have large collections of non-Adobe packages happily installed & running on case-sensitive High Sierra Macs are trying to figure out why Adobe is unable to allow this, even with the cloud-based options.  Please forward the requirement for *true* High Sierra support to your programmers... while I go look for a competitor's solution. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running High Sierra and have the APFS file system. I am getting the same error (Error Code: 22). I am unable to use the Creative Cloud Desktop App installer, or any other installers provided by Adobe. Has APFS support even been tested over there? I am seeing in multiple forum posts that it should work, but nowhere does it say that it was ever tested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is utterly unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just discovered that Adobe does not support case-sensitive file system. What a disappointment for something which claims to be "pro". Time to consider other alternatives...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

truth!adobe should alert apple but why would they ? they are in competition. we are screwed having to reimage a startup os....

its a hassle and a nightmare.

especially when dealing with a nvidia graphics card just to use mercury engine...

someth8mg makes me feel backwards and angry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines