• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reactivate CS3 on new computer [CS3 is dead]

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a computer crash I had to buy a new Mac. CS3 said I couldn't use my old disks to reinstall, but had to reactivate the program by uninstalling the old version, downloading a new installer, and getting a new serial #. Well, i did all that but for some reason I can't get the program up and running. Help!

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Unfortunately CS3 is dead. Adobe killed it off last year. There is no way of activating it and there is no longer any way to install a non-activation version. There are no workarounds.

If you don't have a valid CS4, CS5 or CS6 serial number then a Creative Cloud subscription on a compatible system is your only option from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I'm running Sierra and trying to activate CS3. This article is for Mojave and CS5. It didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You‘re aware that CS3 can no longer be activated? You just install the non-activation version and license it with the new non-activation serial number. I got the impression from your first post that that‘s what you had done.

Any reason you’re running Sierra on a new Mac? Or is the new Mac a refurbished one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a refurbished Mac. I tried installing the non-activation version but must've done something wrong.
Got the "Temporary Activation Expired" notice when I tried launching InDesign, then got the "Activation - No Connection" message when I clicked on the Re-Activate button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried with the troubleshooting steps mentioned in below link ?

Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8

Link to obtain new Seria number :

Obtain a new serial number | CS3, CS4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to manually remove the cache.db file. I can get there by following the instruction in #3 but can't find it on the drive that was created by the refurbisher.

I have a new Serial Number but can't find a way to enter it. I tried entering it as an authorization code on the phone activation option but that didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow below steps :

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( " Do not miss ~ symbol " )

~/library

It will open User Library folder.

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe> Adobe PCD > Cache > Cache.db

Trash Cache.db file.

or

Click on Finder icon and then in the menu bar at top of the screen , click on Go and select " Go to Folder " .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Adobe PCD.Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 1.16.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry try without  ~ symbol.

It shud be in System Library.

User Library = ~/Library

System Library = /Library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success! Thank you SO much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Realizing this thread is from last year I have been trying to do the same thing with my mac mini/yosemite; reload PS CS3 with the new serial number.  Trouble is, I can't find the page that directs me to that number.

I had it running back in 2018 when I loaded the non-activation link, followed all the steps and clicked never registar.  But last year I was forced to reformat the drive and lost all that.  Using the backup I have the original PS CS3 with the old serial number and no way to locate the new one.

Any thoughts??

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately CS3 is dead. Adobe killed it off last year. There is no way of activating it and there is no longer any way to install a non-activation version. There are no workarounds.

If you don't have a valid CS4, CS5 or CS6 serial number then a Creative Cloud subscription on a compatible system is your only option from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You needed to back up the replacement installer. It is gone now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please elaborate the issue in details like what exactly happening when you try to launch the application,

Are you getting any error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines