• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Really? I can't use Ilustrator offline?

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's holiday, we"re visiting family and I decide to bring my laptop with me so I can work on important projects for school. Once opening Illustrator I get a lovely message telling me I'm unable to use Illustrator because I'm not connected to the internet ... Really?

Paying so much money and not being able to use software offline?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently work offline.  Did you sign-in to your Creative Cloud account from the laptop before you left home?  Creative Cloud needs to verify your subscription about once every 30 days.  Outside of that, you don't need Internet access to use your desktop apps.  However you would need it to sync files to your Creative Cloud space.

I trust the family you're visiting has Internet access.  If not, a public library or coffee shop must have WiFi access you could use temporarily..

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had been using my laptop during the entire holidays. Used Illustrator, ExperienceDesign, Photoshop & AfterEffects in the last 2 weeks on that account, while connected to the internet.

Apperantly I did.

All my files are local, the only thing not wanting to work was CC.

Doesn't matter, it should work without a problem, like any other software that requires 0 internet connectivity to function normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe there is another problem. What error messages are you seeing?

Which operating system?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the basic "You need to be online"-screen.

Using the latest Windows version, CC & apps are also up-to-date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me too. Incredibly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tricia H. I am showing that we have never received an activation request for the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum, so I am extremely surprised that you are even able to use the Illustrator CC application while online.

Please see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html for steps you can take to resolve the connection error.  If you do not own the computer and network, that Illustrator is used on, then please ask whoever does to make the adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. This is unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rodrigo5D0A, I would recommend beginning a chat session with our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html to resolve any errors that occur while you are offline.  The original poster has not responded to this discussion since January 2020. 

Alternately, you are welcome to create your own public discussion in the Download and Install forum at https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/bd-p/download-and-install?page=1&sort=latest_replies....  Please include any specific error messages you have encountered and any troubleshooting steps you have implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines