Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

regarding downloading adobe cs4 and upgrade to cs6

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question>

Our cs4 design standard dvd which we purchased and burned out to a dvd is no longer as it should be.

But we like to install it again and update it to cs6.

How to do it without finding the cs4 dvd or anything online but avoid this issue?

Can we just download cs6 and do upgrade?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

For CS6 and earlier you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
--as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably best to ask in the CS forum. If you still have the software keys for CS4, then upgrading to CS6 should work, but you need to check the upgrade policy on the Adobe Store to be sure. Generally you only need the software key to do the upgrade. If you do not have the key, then you may be up a creek unless you registered (as you should). If you registered, Adobe can likely help on getting you the keys needed for the upgrade. I suggest you confirm this in the CS forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the 24 digitsd software keys, the invoice etc.If I just need to download the software. Where?

Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 07:06:29 -0700

To: svendsvendsen@hotmail.com

Subject: regarding downloading adobe cs4 and upgrade to cs6

Re: regarding downloading adobe cs4 and upgrade to cs6

created by Bill@VT in Acrobat Installation & Update Issues - View the full discussion

Probably best to ask in the CS forum. If you still have the software keys for CS4, then upgrading to CS6 should work, but you need to check the upgrade policy on the Adobe Store to be sure. Generally you only need the software key to do the upgrade. If you do not have the key, then you may be up a creek unless you registered (as you should). If you registered, Adobe can likely help on getting you the keys needed for the upgrade. I suggest you confirm this in the CS forum.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4926971#4926971

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Acrobat Installation & Update Issues by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear sir, i need to download this again to my mac, the CS6.

Can you please send me the lnik?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For CS6 and earlier you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
--as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
--if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines