• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstall Ad PS CS5 - missing setup.exe files

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've recently upgraded my PC to windows 10 and after doing an Acronis recovery of my Adobe Program Files folder I can not find the 'setup.exe' file to enable me to reload the package.  As this is an older package I can not load from support area and not sure how to reinstall the package onto my PC, even if this is still possilbe.  Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

You can't install it that way. The setup.exe file is not in Program Files.

It is wherever you saved it to if you installed from a download.  If you installed from a disc, you need the disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Without an official license transfer, you do not actually own the program

Transfer (selling or giving your software away) https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html
-you may NOT sell or transfer an Education serial number

So you may not download the program installer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Get Started forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't install it that way. The setup.exe file is not in Program Files.

It is wherever you saved it to if you installed from a download.  If you installed from a disc, you need the disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob, unforunately it was installed by the company when I purchased the laptop which is no longer in business, whilst I still have the product key is there no way I can down load the software again? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without an official license transfer, you do not actually own the program

Transfer (selling or giving your software away) https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html
-you may NOT sell or transfer an Education serial number

So you may not download the program installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines