Reinstalling CS6

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Adobe Creative Suite 6 years ago and had it on my old computer which recently died. Because I was unable to retrieve CS6 from my hard drive or deactivate it on my old computer before it died I am looking to reinstall CS6 on my new computer. How do I reinstall CS6? I still have the serial number.

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

translate

Translate

Translate
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You install the same way you did the 1st time... put your disc in the drive and enter your serial number when asked, or download the installer and enter your serial number when asked

kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2433672 may help

You do not mention Mac or Windows, so some notes for each

CS6 and earlier programs have not been tested and will not be updated for Mac El Capitan or later operating systems

-which means that you try to use CS6 and earlier at YOUR risk of having problems due to Apple updates

-Apple did not maintain backward compatibility with old programs in El Capitan or Sierra

--Adobe has a workaround to Apple's problem of not maintaining backward compatibility

--READ HERE https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2301916 for an Adobe solution to installing old programs, including a link to installing the old Java runtime that is required

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

When you have a non-functioning computer and can't deactivate a serial number

BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT

Adobe ID and registration support (non-CC) http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-c1.html

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CS6 is not in disc format though? It was purchased in "Software Download Card" format. Thus all I have is the serial number. So I need the file to start the download process in which I enter the serial number.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the CS6 installer from

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

Install then enter your serial number when prompted.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to do this, but when it is done downloading I can't get the installer working due to missing items. It frustrates the crap out of me. any tips?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines