Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

remove credit card information

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

how to remove credit card information and cancel automatically renew for adode illustrator ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Then I suggest you start a Chat session.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log in to the main Adobe website then click Manage Account, you might have to type in your password again, then click on Manage Plan and you should see a Cancel Plan Button.

There is no way to cancel Auto renewal so you have to make a note of when you subscription ends and Cancel it in that month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I pressed the manage plan just the credit card information appeared and none of the things you have mentioned did. I need to cancel the renewal asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I suggest you start a Chat session.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and never got anyone to come to the chat. I’m canceling one way or another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Creative Cloud​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have pleaded with ADOBE many times to have my credit card removed.  They say it is not possible even though my subscription is pre-paid for a year!  Not acceptable.  They did however TELL ME that they turned off auto renew, which remains to be seen.  I have been wrongly charged more than a few times, and if I am paid up for a year, I don't think it is right to refuse to remove my payment info.

Poor business practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy, really. If I can't cancel the renewal and/or delete my credit card information, looks like I'll have to cancel my credit card. Thanks, Adobe. Really is not a good practice, as Karen said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you do simply as recommended here: Re: remove credit card information .

Customer care can be contacted using this link: Contact Customer Care

Credit card problems and subscription problems can only be solved by Adobe. There is no technical issue here that can be solved by a recommended procedure by a knowledgable user except to recommend you to contact Adobe Customer Care using the established procedure.

I’ve done this multiple times when I had questions about my account and it always worked well.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - for a multi-billion dollar company, you sure do suck at customer care.  A simple "remove my credit card" information or "remove auto-renewal" would solve this auto-renewal bs.  What I was JUST told is in order to have your credit card information removed completely, you have to cancel  your plan.  So, if you auto-renewed on September 18, 2018 for a year thru to September 18, 2019, and you want your credit card information removed, you have to cancel the plan and not be able to utilzed the program you pre-paid for.   The chat people, Sanjay someone just simply couldn't tell me where the link was to stop auto-renewal and/or remove my credit card information in entirety.  Kept telling me "rest assured" your auto-renewal has been cancelled.  Yup, a MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY can't (most likely won't) provided decent customer care, in regards to billing.  Guess they make alot of bucks of off people who simply cancel their plans or cancel their credit cards to get away from Adobe's auto-renewal nightmare.  Having customer service be the ONLY people who can cancel the auto-renewal is bs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is completely against European GDPR laws.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't able to remove my credit card but I was able to edit the name on the card lines. I was sure to be a little creative with the new name and let adobe know what I think of their bs cancellation fees. Spreading the bad word about adobe. Everyone do your share

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hawazenk, thank you for your question. Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html for information on canceling your Illustrator membership, so you are no longer charged. A payment method does need to be on file, but you can click on https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen to confirm that no further charges will occur once you have canceled your plan, Hawazenk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines