• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove the Stock advert banner under the Apps tab

Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm subscribed to CC for a year. And just recently, Adove Creative Cloud Desktop in OS X started to display an advert banner for Adobe Stock, under the Apps tab, within the Creative Cloud Desktop app in the Menu Bar.

Moreover, when I open the app for the first time after each startup, I'm directed to the Stock tab, which I don't want to use. I just want to open or update my applications that's it.

The thing is I'm not subscribed to Stock, and I don't plan to get a plan for it anytime soon. So I don't have any use for this advert right in my Menu Bar.

For now I think I will not allow the app to load at launch, and I'm just going to stick to OS X Launchpad to start my applications.

Nonetheless, that would be realy appreciated if I could find a way to disable this function, as I like to have my system clean from adverts right in my Menu Bar.

Thank you

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Adobe product developers don't lurk in these user-to-user communities.

Please leave feedback & feature requests on Adobe UserVoice where they'll see them.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of us can’t afford to go, but perhaps some creatives can get together and stage a protest/confrontation at Adobe Max this fall. T-shirt’s? Buttons? Signs? Protesting the cheesy stock photo banner ads? They expect their high-paying fans to behave like good lemmings; but what about signs going up in the audience at the start of big sessions? ‘60s-style chants, anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've hidden the stock banner by just adding a single css line into the top level page of the application.
It's pretty easy for anyone to do.

Instructions

1. Make sure you exit Adobe Creative Cloud from the file menu so it's really not running.
  2. On windows find the location of Adobe Creative Desktop. It should be something like : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\AAC
  3. Open the 'resources' folder and find the file index.html.
  4. Make a backup of the file! (you'll need to be an admin) and then open the original in a plain text editor.
  5. Add this line to the end of the head section of the page (just above the </head> tag)
    <style> .search-banner-item-layout { display:none !important; } </style>
  6. Save the file (again, you'll need to be an admin).
  7. Restart Adobe Creative Cloud, and the Stock banner should be gone. Hooray!

If you want to undo the change (or it all went wrong) just replace it with your backup copy. Sorry, I can't help on a Mac, but it shouldn't be too different.

Hope this helps some people,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also remove the banners above the other categories, but they are less intrusive.

If you want to, just use this line in the index.html:

<style> .search-banner-item-layout, .default-banner-item-layout { display:none !important;} </style>

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone managed to apply the fix?

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - worked great! Thanks for sharing this with everyone!

I expect that I might have to re-add this fix after every CC update, but time will tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, every Creative Cloud update forces this annoying Adobe Stock advertisement back in your face.

It's obvious why the team in charge of this is doing this, but it's a shameful move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe product developers don't lurk in these user-to-user communities.

Please leave feedback & feature requests on Adobe UserVoice where they'll see them.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Thank you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines