• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove the Stock advert banner under the Apps tab

Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm subscribed to CC for a year. And just recently, Adove Creative Cloud Desktop in OS X started to display an advert banner for Adobe Stock, under the Apps tab, within the Creative Cloud Desktop app in the Menu Bar.

Moreover, when I open the app for the first time after each startup, I'm directed to the Stock tab, which I don't want to use. I just want to open or update my applications that's it.

The thing is I'm not subscribed to Stock, and I don't plan to get a plan for it anytime soon. So I don't have any use for this advert right in my Menu Bar.

For now I think I will not allow the app to load at launch, and I'm just going to stick to OS X Launchpad to start my applications.

Nonetheless, that would be realy appreciated if I could find a way to disable this function, as I like to have my system clean from adverts right in my Menu Bar.

Thank you

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Adobe product developers don't lurk in these user-to-user communities.

Please leave feedback & feature requests on Adobe UserVoice where they'll see them.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will certainly let the concern team know about it.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also welcome the option to disable this. I'm not a heavy stock user at all, so I've little need for Adobe Stock.

Regardless of the above, the notion that Adobe is using a product that I ALREADY PAY FOR to serve ads to be highly objectionable. Actually makes me quite annoyed every time I see it.

It's the sort of thing that can and should be kept to newsletters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only gotten worse. Now the irritating ad pops up over my Photoshop window every time I launch. I have a stock account and will not be using Adobe stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rajashree Bhattacharya​, What did the team say when you told them about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it has been two years since this post, can you please update us on what the concern team said and when we can expect a fix. They do cause a slow down in my system and I find it annoying that I have to track down some damn post FROM 2015 to find there is NO ANSWER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deselect "Show Start Workspace When No Documents Are Open" from "Preferences > General"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that workaround solution, I however would still like to use the recent files etc and the create/open buttons.. I just really want to disable that adobe stock banner in the start screen. 
Is there no way to edit the start screen layout to your own preferences? If not, that would be a major feature update suggestion for the next update.. I think a lot of people will like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the "team" misunderstood your request.

Since 8 Month the "Team" is not able to make a simple on/off setting,

but give us more and more Advertisements in any tab right know.

Are you serious thinking that ignoring these small customer wishes didn't come back as boomerang ?

There are tons of very very small changes the peoples want, but you still ignore it.

Dunno, but i think this is not helpful at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put my vote in for a way to REMOVE this ADD feature. I PAY Adobe every month and don't want to see this Stock ADD every time I open the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously Adobe?

Either put these ads in our banner and lower the monthly rental on "our" apps (similar to what Amazon does with its "Special Offers" on the Kindle) or keep our experience ad free.  You don't get both.

Plus one to this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1. I don't use Adobe Stock, I don't want to use Adobe Stock, and I don't want to see Adobe Stock. If I did, I'd pay for it, and then it should appear as a tab, and only as a tab.

There's no reason at all for there to be an advertisement for it on my 'Apps' tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This. All of it. I already open the Creative Cloud app as little as possible, and when I do, it's because there's an update… but of course, it opens up to the Stock tab. Then I click over to Apps, and am again presented with searching for stock images.

My Suggestions:

- Remove the default to "Stock" when opening the window. Have it remember where I was the last time I had it open.

- Remove the Stock banner altogether from the Apps section. There is no reasonable situation where that is what a user would expect or intends to do on that tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe instead of seeing how much ad space you can cram in to the CC app, some of that engineering time could be used to get cmd-a, select all working in text input boxes. its a pain when you are typing, hit cmd-a like you can in every other text entry  box in every other app and it doesnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

need a dismiss button here... and also on the new welcome screens to get rid of this crap we dont need to see while we are working with clients in our paid pro apps

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please add option to remove it. I have no plans to ever use Adobe Stock, and it's really annoying being constantly bombarded with ads for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHen I'm paying for an app, I don't expect to be bombarded by ads.  You already got my money.  you want to bother people with ads, lower my price.  There's no Pro app out there that bombards its users with this garbage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys - I created a fix to remove the Stock banner from the apps list here: Re: Please no Stock search field in the Creative Cloud app install list‌

My instructions are for Windows, but a response below mine by jan_peeters has the necessary details for OS X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Worked for the App tab.

Now how about making the CC app open to the Apps tab when you start it. I always quit/close the CC app after I'm done looking for and downloading updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you come up with a way to make that Stock Photos Ad disappear  for Mac OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

get rid of the stock ad

I would never use it and I have been subscribed for four years now.

I use my own material.

I will follow the steps that were given to remove it but Adobe needs to have a button to prevent it from showing - it is so annoying and unethical to plaster it everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and with the latest update what do we get? apps that have an evern more present ad for adobe stock... new... NOW IN BLUE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a paying customer I too would like Adobe Stock adverts removed from my CC package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2016 Feb 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I just got it, and have only looked at it less than one minute, and I'm already looking for how to remove the Stock Ads and considering cancelling it.

I just gave you money, you should stop badgering with sales pitches.

It's hopeless, though, this is Adobe, it's like appealing to Scratch in the Devil and Daniel Webster for mercy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that it needs to opened on the "Apps Tab" since this is the "Adobe Apps Manager" not "Adobe Stock Manager", I open it to check for updates and sometimes open apps I don't use everyday "on the APPS tab"! If someone else uses it for Assets/Files it should open there! We should be able to choose what tab is our default! Not some Marketing Push! Yes, remove the banner, we get emailed enough about it as well, without it opening in our face every time we open the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines