• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renew your subscription keeps popping up even though Adobe received my last payment on November 1?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2012 Nov 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started up Photoshop CS6 today and immediately received a popup window from Adobe entitled "Renew your subscription".  I have Creative Cloud 6 purchased at the end of August and my last payment was received by Adobe on November 1.  I went to the Subscription Manager and Adobe automatically downloaded the update for Adobe Application Manager.  I tried to start Photoshop again and received the popup window again.  My account is uptodate and it indicates that the applications I have on my desktop are correct.  I need to get back to work pronto.  HELP!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

For anyone having this issue, this help article worked for me: "Renew your subscription" message when you launch an Adobe Creative Cloud application

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had also been plagued by this aweful creative cloud subscription issue.  in desperation i signed out of the creative cloud menubar item (settings/preferences/account/signout). i then relaunched the app i needed, it asked me to sign in through the pesky subscription popup, i then WORKED! seems like a good temporary fix until adobe solves this..

good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Badrat,

Can you please mail logs mentioned on http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/launch-log-files-location-ccm.html to priyjain [at] adobe [dot] com. This would help us in investigating this issue further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone here still having issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having this issue. 90 minutes on support chat and still won't work. They have told me it will be 2-3 days until someone contacts me about this. This appears to be a recurring problem. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried solution #2 here? Re: "Renew your subscription" error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and no. I have tried closing all cloud applications and then launching an app. However, the only window that appears gives me the "Renew your subscription" window with the option to "Try Again" or "Close". Clicking on "Try Again" brings up a window that says, "Thank you. Your subscription to Creative Cloud is now active. Click Continue to use your product." When I click "Continue", it brings up the "Renew your subscription" window. It is just stuck in this loop.

I have also tried signing out of Creative Cloud and then signing back in. Again, this throws me into the "Renew your subscription" loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JasonATL,

A couple questions: Were you able to get it resolved? Are you having the issue on more than one computer? Do you use more than one computer? Is the same email address you use to sign in here on the forums the one associated with your membership?

Thanks,
- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave. Thank you for the reply. No, this is not yet resolved, but I think a resolution is in progress. A helpful phone customer support rep spent an hour or so diagnosing the problem for me on Friday. Earlier Friday, online chat customer and tech support was less-than-helpful in 90 minutes.

It appears that the problem is on some Adobe server that authenticates the apps, not an issue on my computer. As I understand it, my account shows up-to-date or active everywhere except on the server that validates the license when a CC app is launched. I was having the same problem on the two computers on which I had CC installed. As I understand it, the phone rep escalated my case to the tech team that handles the server and there is hope that my case will be resolved on Monday, leaving me without CC for at least a few days. So, while I find it unacceptable to not have access to my CC subscription, I do believe that a solution is pending and there is nothing more that I can do about it.

Some editorializing on my part: This is the one of the things that makes some people leery of subscription-based software. The apps are installed on my machine, but I cannot access them because of a mistake/error/bug on a server located half-way around the world. My ability to use the tools is lost, despite the fact that they were paid for. Now I have to wait until someone's weekend is over and I get in the queue that will be dealt with only during weekday working hours in that part of the world. The frustration is not helped by the fact that this kind of error has happened to others in the past couple of years, yet continues to happen, seemingly at random, to other customers. Staff should be on hand to fix this problem immediately. At this point, I just hope that Adobe can fix my problem soon and prevent this from happening to others again, as this is an unacceptable circumstance.

Thank you for checking on this. You and other customer-facing support personnel have been responsive and pleasant, if not yet able to actually do for me what ultimately matters most.

Thanks again,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread, but I am wondering if you have gotten this taken care of?

My account has had this problem for a week now, and I have not been getting much assistance from the tech support sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought CS6 suite in October and cancelled my CC membership. CS6 is installed on my computer however when I try to open any applications such as Illustrator, the 'renew your subscription' for creative cloud pops up. I don't want creative cloud, but it doesn't recognize my application as the installed CS6 but rather it wants me to go through Creative Cloud again. I can't seem to win here. My subscription expired and I don't want it because I bought those applications. Any help is great. I am stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup I know many people that are. We have an Adobe CC subscription at my office, and everyone is getting this issue. Windows and Mac. Funny thing too is the account email is showing up just as a dot. Adobe CC app is signed in correctly too and notices that Photoshop is installed for example. Look:

Screen Shot 2015-01-21 at 11.17.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay people, the solution for me was editing my hosts file. I had some adobe.com entries in there, and deleted all of them which is mentioned here:  Sign in, activation, or connection errors | CS5.5 and later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work for me. Non of my Lightroom, Photoshop and Indesign are working. This is very frustrating, on top of that i can't reach the tech support via chat. Support, please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have se my question about this topic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with Lightroom. I am being told that my develop is disabled until I renew my membership, but I have paid for the next 11 months!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your hosts file...

tons of people with this same issue...

if your host file is blocking adobe servers you the app cant verify its payment status.

google for (reset host files)

and remove any mention to adobe servers in it.

peace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log out and log in again will fix the problem.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone found a solution to this problem?  My subscription expired and now I can't use the applications I had installed in my computer.  And, customer no service is useless since I am "a free account"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have had the same problem i have acrobat Pro and it keeps telling me I own for Acrobat DC which I dont have or want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean owe  I keep getting popup that I owe for Acrobat DC which i dont have or want I have Acrobat Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ITS 2016 AND I AM EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE! HELP PLSE I NEED TO WORK! SO FUSTRATING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone having this issue, this help article worked for me: "Renew your subscription" message when you launch an Adobe Creative Cloud application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is similar. Only I'm not renewing my CC, but I already own CS6. I just want to use the software I already own, but can't because Adobe Application Manager keeps prompting me to renew my subscription. I am not renewing it today, but I do need to use the software that I own, today. I am dead in the water and need help soon. Thank you, anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

emtystacks, thanks for the link, it works for me too. 1. Close the CC App, 2. then clic on App, red icon of PDApp will be active in your Dock, just wait 10-15 min, it should pop up, if you see it on the screen clic the button sign in. For me it works. BR Kasjan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines