Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reorganize files

Contributor ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!

It finally happened. I'm out of space on my drive and need to move old contents off. Unforntutaly I'm not on NAS or SAN or RAID array so anything I do will ruin all the locations that my programs look for my media. Is there any way to tell my adobe products that everything is in the same file structure just in a different location without having to manually relocate every file? 

NOTE: I am not just going to move my whole library, the OLD stuff is going to go to a HDD for hot storage; but I am not going to keep my current projects or assets there. I am going to keep that stuff on my SSD so I cant just relocate the entire library. I just want to let the program know that this is going to happen:

C:/videos/old  / internal files and folders

more old / internal files and folders

even more old /internal files and folders

still more old / internal files and folders

assets / internal files and folders

current / internal files and folders

will now be this

C:/videos/assets  / internal files and folders

current  / internal files and folders

D:/videos/old  / internal files and folders

more old / internal files and folders

even more old /internal files and folders

still more old / internal files and folders

I know I can mount a drive in a folder on NTFS and im looking into capitalizing on that but I thought you all might have some idea how to do that without the dreaded MEDIA MISSING messages

TOPICS
CC FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure what's in your c:/videos folders but if they're really your videos, there shouldn't be any problem just moving them (other than some previously opened items will be in new locations if by videos you mean projects created with premiere for example).

but if your not certain, rename your videos folders and test for problems before moving.

if you actually have exectuable files or files needed by executables in your videos folders, you should properly and laboriously uninstall from old locations and then reinstall to new locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its just source footage I am trying to find a way to move without having to tell adobe products where they have been moved to every time I reopen and old project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i don't think it's much effort to clear your recently opened list and create a new one, but you can edit the locations if you think that's easier. 

here's how for photoshop , https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/directory-of-the-recent-files-list/td-p/9912338?page=1

other adobe programs have the same setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines